Finally took it home

SilverRhino

Great looking rig! Congratulations on your new coach hope you have many years of enjoyment with it.

Travel Safe!

scottyb

That is a beautiful rig. Congatulations, and may you have many safe and enjoyable miles.

jbeletti

Nice. The accent on the truck really ties in well with the Gateway too. Not sure if you'll make it to the Pacific Region Rally in Temecula this October but if you do, it will be great to meet you and see your new coach.

Eddhuy

Thank all of you for the kind words.

We hope to make it to the Regional rally this October but not certain at this point if it will work out for us. We are; however, going to make the Oroville Chapter rally our first trip in the Gateway.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Looking good. Congratulations on getting one of the first units. Enjoy & travel safely.

miboje

Wow! You must be SO excited! Congratulations on your beautiful new fifth wheel, and here's to many happy, unforgettable memories. :>)

DW_Gray

Congratulations! Gateway is nice looking rig. Amy and I stopped by an RV center yesterday and looked at one of the models.

Eddhuy

Thank you all again. We are pretty excited to get out in it. It is a huge upgrade to our Prowler Titanium. I miss the uniqueness of the Titanium and really liked the Prowler, but this has so much more storage and is much more comfortable for us. As nice as the Prowler towed, this one tows even better or at least seems that way, of course still new to us and maybe that has something to do with it.

Westwind

Jack - keep us posted on your stays and use of the trailer I have a friend who is interested in one and I'll pass the info on to him, maybe I convert another owner of SOB.

Eddhuy

Will do Westwind, I'll pass the good and the bad, hopefully mostly good. The 5er is just sitting out front right now being loaded and prepared for the first trip and have encountered no problems. I can tell you that the Quick-Cool O-Shaped Dual Air Conditioner Duct System, verbage taken from Heartland, with 2 A/C's has been surprisingly quiet. If the bedroom unit is running, you can't hear it unless you go up the steps and vice versa, much more quiet than the noisy Prowler A/C. I can easily live with it. I am not going to say whisper quiet, but a definite step in the right direction.

ParkIt

Going to follow this, curious to see how you feel after a long trip. So far I don't see any huge "I'll miss that" if we end up having to get another unit and go with a Gateway :)

Eddhuy

We were out last weekend to the HCR in Oroville, CA. Everything went pretty smooth with the new Gateway but it was only for 3 nights. Hope to get out for a longer trip shortly. The A/C and insulation exceeded our expectations, the mattress and furniture were comfortable, the Norcold refrigerator had to be turned down to keep food from freezing, removed the flow control from the bathroom faucet, it was getting plugged with debris, need to get a water filter and we have plastic heater vents in the floor that I will be upgrading to metal ones. That is about as bad as it got.

Last edited:

ParkIt

Looks great! The rim-less windows really make it stand out as well as the color scheme and the truck looks pretty good too (okay, I drooled over a few things I saw on that too) ;)

Keep us posted, sounds good so far.

4ever

Congratulations on your new rig. Really looks good with your truck. Enjoy your time in it.

Ted