2009 North Trail 31ft.

I am looking at a used 2009 North trail 31 ft camper. The nose of the camper is wrinkled. After searching the web this looks as though it could be caused by water damage. The current owner indicated that the original owner told him that it was from kids sliding down the camper. I plan on using the camper for a hunting camp and eventually putting a roof over the top of it. My question is where to look for water damage and mildew, neither is visible from looking in the outside storage compartment at the front.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello MikeWillmont and welcome to the forum. Lots of good information available here.
If there are any serious water leaks, and the mold that ensues, you will smell it as soon as you walk in the door.
One thing to look for is caulking. Has it been re caulked, and is the caulking in good shape.
Look closely for water damage at the area along the floor/wall and under windows.
I have heard of the nose of the North Trail having some problems. It was not due to water, so what you see might just be the nature of the beast or the original owner may be correct in that the kids damaged it.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

If it is not the RESS model, then the bed would be along the front wall with cupboards overhead. Check the inside of the cupboads and wardrobes on either side of the bed. If any water has gotten in it should show up there.

beth2458

Our family owns a 2009 North Trail 31QBS. Our camper has leaked from day one. We took it back to Camping World to be fixed. They had it over a week (never called to talk to us about the camper). We went to pick it up and they said they didn't fix it because the warranty was expired. Here we are 3 years later and the **** thing still leaks. We bought the extended warranty, they say it may or may not be covered. Heartland doesn't want to help even though TONS of other people have complained about the same leak. We can't figure out where the leak is coming from. Save your time and money and RESEARCH every camper before purchasing one. I feel like our $16,000 camper is worth crap. I can't sell it knowing it is leaking. I quess I will have to hope insurance will cover it.