Got my first ding.

dbbls59

Setting up in a campground and noticed a ding on the lower right rear corner. I know it wasn't there this morning. :( ...I stopped at a Wal-Mart and then drove to a campground. I sure didn't know I hit anything. Whatever hit it was red. Didn't make a hole all the way through but a nasty scrape about 2 inches in diameter. Guess I'll be contacting my insurance co.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Ouch! First one always hurts, I just consider it a christening (doesn't help the ego much though). Sounds like maybe you touched a concrete pole somewhere. Is it too bad to buff out? Maybe stick a decal over it... Hate turning in little stuff to insurance companies. Picture? Good luck!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Maybe someone ran a cart into your rig? We need pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbbls59

I'm not at home and don't have my camera. Pictures will have to wait until next week. Don't think it was a pole because it is on the bottom going around the curve.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
My first ding was when I thought I had enough room for the tail to swing in a tight fuel station maneuver. I was wrong. I slide the left rear against a dumpster. Fortunately for me it wasn't so bad I couldn't smooth it out and repaint it. Most of the abrasion was that rear trim piece that covers the screws going around the rear cap.

Lynn1130

Since we are in confession now I can admit to my first ding. I was pulling out of the storage shortly after getting the Cyclone. I guess I was used to the previous 26' pull trailer because I turned to soon while exiting and caught the rear left side on the support beam of the covered parking. I stopped when I heard the crunch and cussed a lot. Lucky for me no holes in the body but I did have to replace all four ladder mounts, a 4' piece of rain gutter that I folded in and a scare light. I now pull straight forward and then get out to check if I have cleared that beam that jumped out at me.

ParkIt

Think "small red bumper car"...it doesn't matter where you park people don't know how to drive and think its no big deal if they scrape your rig pulling in or out. Frustrating but always make sure to have an inexpensive digital camera in your cab or trailer so you can get pictures on the spot.
Always do a quick walk around every time you stop even if its for 15 minutes, its worth it if you ever have to deal with your insurance company.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is amazing how you don't 'feel' those small dings. I once was driving in an RV park and a tree branch jumped out and took out a back side window from the rear end swing. It broke the window, bent the frame and some gel-coat. Didn't even feel it and didn't know until a man came running up and told me.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I had a ding appear one day in "J" wrap just ahead of the door. I did some searching around cause the Horn had not been moved from the driveway for a couple months. I knew I didn't do it and Pat didn't do it ( that's her story and she's sticking to it). One day I happened to notice a small bicycle in the garage....took it out to the Horn. Imagine that...the handle bars are just the right height. "OH NO, none of the grandsons did it says Grandma....those little darlings would not do that". I lost the battle. I must have been sleep riding a 3 year olds bike and did it. True story.