Grey water valve won't close

fredf

I can not close the middle grey water valve on my Big Country. The valve just pops back open. None of the valves have closed completely since I bought it used from a dealer 2 months ago. But now, when I take off the waste hose, a gallon or two of water comes out onto the ground and my shoes. Same thing happens when I take off the cover to hook up the waste hose. I will take it back to the dealer when I get back home but its a pain now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Fred

danemayer

Hi Fred,

The valves may close fully even if the handles are sticking out a little, but if I understand your description, the middle valve handle used to go in further than it does now. Also, you have a lot of water come out of the sewer connection when you remove the cap during setup. It sounds like there might be something caught in the valve at the outlet from the gray #2 tank.

If you get an external gate valve like this one to put on the sewer outlet, you can control the situation and keep water from dumping onto your feet. Close the valve before disconnecting the sewer hose and open it after attaching the hose. The clear section will let you see what's coming out the sewer outlet, which is especially useful when dumping the black tank.

One thing I don't understand is why there would be water waiting to come out when you disconnect the sewer hose; it should have drained through the sewer hose unless the hose is higher than the sewer outlet.

olcoon

I recently had the same problem pop up. I've got the external valve at the end of the pipe. I'll hook up the hose & when I open the valve water comes out. I've tracked it down to grey tank # 1, and I'm kind of thinking that the plastic part they drilled out when they attached the plumbing to the tank is stuck in the valve. I've already had that problem on the black tank.