Waiting, waiting, waiting for our BH 3370RK!

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just got the word that our rig will not arrive in the Northwest until May 15th. A little surprising for an order that was written February 25th! We joined this forum just the day before that. The unit was off-line and in QC on April 19th, and we were told it would get “preferential treatment for delivery”. (DW says,”HA!”) We finally got our VIN number on April 29th and joined the HOC the same day. While perusing the forums/posts in the last few months, we have seen only one reference to this rear kitchen model that was new for 2013. Maybe the factory doesn’t like making them for just a few orders. :confused: We have a trip planned for May 16th and had hoped that would be the shake-down cruise. Looks like it will be the last trip in the old TT (SOB), instead.

Our current plan (HOPE?) is to visit the dealer on May 22[SUP]nd[/SUP], after returning from our last outing in the little guy. That should give them plenty of time for their Pre-delivery Inspection and any corrections they need to make. We expect to be at the dealer for the better part of the day doing our own PDI using the detailed forms from this forum. Even though we are very anxious to get the rig, after all this time, we will be very willing to wait on delivery until we are completely satisfied!

We have a couple of 2500 mile trips planned for later this year, as well as four shorter ones, which will include an HCR in WA and an HRR in CA. Looking forward to meeting new Heartland friends and making lots of memories in this new rig! :D

Doug and Doris

VKTalley

Congrats on your new rig!!! What part of WA are you located in? Our daughter and her family are in the Tacoma area and we will be visiting them starting the end of June (after the National Rally) through the 4th of July holiday.

Theresau

I guess they are really busy. We ordered ours on 3/14 and it was off-line on 4/22 (yours must have been in the big lot when we were at the factory that day). We will be picking ours up on 5/14 and we only live about 2.5 hours away from the factory.

I was told during the factory tour on 4/22 that they are putting out 14 units a day in the BH, BC, and Landmark plant. In 2009 they were putting out 8.

I do think you are right about making a series of a model at a time. That was our impression at the factory this go round. Our model was completed in the am along with others of the same and then BC 3070RE's were next - one had just been completed and then BH 3670's were the rest on the line.

When we went on the tour in 2009 to see our 2010 BH being made, that wasn't our impression....there were BC's, Landmarks, and BH's being built all at the same time and I didn't see a pattern per se...our BH 3410RE was smack in the middle of the plant.

It is taking them 1.5 days to build now...

Theresa

We just got the word that our rig will not arrive in the Northwest until May 15th. A little surprising for an order that was written February 25th! We joined this forum just the day before that. The unit was off-line and in QC on April 19th, and we were told it would get “preferential treatment for delivery”. (DW says,”HA!”) We finally got our VIN number on April 29th and joined the HOC the same day. While perusing the forums/posts in the last few months, we have seen only one reference to this rear kitchen model that was new for 2013. Maybe the factory doesn’t like making them for just a few orders. :confused: We have a trip planned for May 16th and had hoped that would be the shake-down cruise. Looks like it will be the last trip in the old TT (SOB), instead.

Our current plan (HOPE?) is to visit the dealer on May 22[SUP]nd[/SUP], after returning from our last outing in the little guy. That should give them plenty of time for their Pre-delivery Inspection and any corrections they need to make. We expect to be at the dealer for the better part of the day doing our own PDI using the detailed forms from this forum. Even though we are very anxious to get the rig, after all this time, we will be very willing to wait on delivery until we are completely satisfied!

We have a couple of 2500 mile trips planned for later this year, as well as four shorter ones, which will include an HCR in WA and an HRR in CA. Looking forward to meeting new Heartland friends and making lots of memories in this new rig! :D

Doug and Doris

K

karykatz

Grampafish

Congrats on your new rig!! When specail oredering units form the factory, it usually takes 6-8 weeks to build the unit depending on when we can fit into production schedule. Right now transportaiton is taking 2-3 weeks to deliver to dealers depending on location.

Welcome to the heartland RV family. You will love your new rig. Everyone form heartland RV thanks you for your business

Al.K

We received our 3010RE in what i would call a timely manner.We got lucky on the timing of the build as posted before.Now we are waiting for some repairs to be made at the dealer.I find it hard to belive that a unit can ship out with a OK to ship sticker on the nose.In the condition it arrived mechanicaly.We are now waiting for parts to repair the main/off door slide.This slide room would stop,bang,shutter and then finally go out after the opposite side was out completely.I realize all of the suppliers and the factory are very busy.But we can't even get comfirmation on shipment or tracking of the needed parts for repair.We didn't get to do any small trips to start with.So next weekend we leave for our first long trip.The dealer is doing everything they can.They have offered to take parts from another coach to fix ours.Oh and by the way,we have already made our first payment.And have had our trailer 1 of the four weeks we have owned it.We are 95% moved in,now we will have to wing it.Not what we had planned.We have been waiting for many years to buy a Heartland fifth wheel.Just hopeing things get better soon.

Grampafish

Wow Al.K....sure hope the parts you need to fix the slide come in pronto!!! Not very comforting to be leaving on a long trip when your rig isn't 100%! Good luck!

Our rig is SUPPOSED to arrive at the dealer on Wednesday, but we won't be able to go to get it until next week on the 22nd. We are keeping our fingers (and toes!) crossed that there aren't any major issues that need correcting as we also have a long (6 week) trip planned for mid-June. I'm a little concerned about getting the license plate for it prior to our heading out.

We did get our Heartland Owner's plaque, name badges and key chains this last weekend in the mail....wohoo! Now we just need the rig to put the plaque on! :rolleyes:

Grampafish

No longer waiting! :)

We visited the dealer this morning, spent 5+ hours doing a pre-delivery inspection and brought the rig home after they fixed three very minor issues. These pictures were taken in front of our house, where we parked 22" from a cable pedestal (slide needs 24") so we couldn't open slides. :eek: We'll move it tomorrow and take more pics with truck connected.

IMAG0130.jpgIMAG0131.jpgIMAG0129.jpg

Doug & Doris

donr827

We visited the dealer this morning, spent 5+ hours doing a pre-delivery inspection and brought the rig home after they fixed three very minor issues. These pictures were taken in front of our house, where we parked 22" from a cable pedestal (slide needs 24") so we couldn't open slides. :eek: We'll move it tomorrow and take more pics with truck connected.

View attachment 24463View attachment 24464View attachment 24465

Doug & Doris

To help determine if I have enough room to open a slide I carry a 3/8 dowel rod that I marked with the amount of space needed to open all of the slides. When I back into a spot that is close I get out the stick and hold it up to the slide and look to make sure I have the clearance for the slide.
Don

Peteandsharon

To help determine if I have enough room to open a slide I carry a 3/8 dowel rod that I marked with the amount of space needed to open all of the slides. When I back into a spot that is close I get out the stick and hold it up to the slide and look to make sure I have the clearance for the slide.
Don

Don that is an incredibly simple solution which makes it painful to think that I haven't gone this route myself. Numerous times we have been in a spot where we weren't sure that the slide would fit. Something so obvious should have been more obvious but I will certainly use this technique in the future.

Thanks, Pete

Al.K

Glad to hear you received your 3370RK!Dealer got all of our issues fixed in time to leave on our trip. First chance to get on line, but nice to be away. One small thing that I had to fix was our gas line to the refrigerator. Didn't find this out until we packed up the 50 amp cord and switched to LP. We were hooked up ready to leave. We did all of the PDI while hooked up to 110 and all of the slides open. We switched the fridge to LP, and all was well. Turns out, in our case. That the rubber flex line from the back of the off door slide area, was collapsing and kinking with the slide out in. So we were getting an error code at the refridgerator. I remembered from being under the coach and cleaning things. That the gas line was in the wire loom for the slide. It was fine with the slide out, but would pinch itself closed with the slide in. So it only took a few minutes to figure it out. Zip tied the line in a more relaxed routing and all was well. Not trying to bash, just help anyone else. Just incase someone may have the same problem.

Mrsfish

Omg - we're having the same issue with our 2014 3010re. We found it out last time we were in it. Haven't had a chance to troubleshoot so THANK YOU for saving me a lot of time. I'm kinda handy so I'll look for your description and give it a try. I luuuuv this forum :)

Al.K

So glad to help! That was my intent. We love our 3010RE. I know I may have sounded like a hater. But we wouldn't have any other coach. Even with the issues that have needed to be fixed.

scottyb

View attachment 24463View attachment 24464View attachment 24465

Doug & Doris

Congrats on you new Big Country. They are just gorgeous and always look good coming at you down the highway.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Beautiful Bighorn! You are going to just love your new condo on wheels. Make sure you take care of some preventative maintenance items like making sure all of your water connections behind your basement wall and under your counters get tightened BEFORE you load it. It will save you some headaches down the road.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta