Installing 6-Point Level-Up System

trippingt

I bought a camper out of state and this dealership was the my nearest factory authorized service center. I had a bunch of problems with my camper and Sonya in Service ALWAYS helped me to my satisfaction. I was impressed with these folks. I have since then moved away and got a new Cyclone. It'd been awhile and things might have changed. But if they do a good job, I want to get mine done there too. I already have a trip planned for July to stay and visit up there. Take pictures - I have been curious what a Cyclone would look like with these on it.

wdk450

Well, these 1 touch systems seem really nice, but I think I am not ready to throw that much dough towards something that seems no big hassle to me during setup/unhitch. I will invest $35 in a new set of leveling Lego blocks, though. Current wisdom on RV leveling for ammonia refrigerator preservation says "If the RV is comfortable to walk in (any tilt barely noticeable), it is level enough for the new generations of ammonia refrigerator.

wiredawgchief

Friends, I hear ya about auto-leveling not being a funding priority...I've live without it for years. I'm a DAV with bad back, neck, and knees. This auto level is going to save me some pain. But I'm also looking to use it to change a tire on the interstate much quicker than dragging out one or both of my 80 ton hydraulic jacks, and my two 12-ton jacks, and my multiple 2"x12"x12" pieces of boards to level or change tires. One other use I plan is to use the system to bring the tires off the ground in my shop for storage and repacking bearings. You young guys still have plenty of back and knees, just like I used to. Have fun and keep 'er between the lines. Ron

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Its $3589.00 from Heartland on a new rig as and option for a 6 point system.

That is msrp on a new unit ($3589.00). That is an option that you should be able to negotiate on as part of the final price of the 5th wheel from the dealer. There is usually about a 33% or larger mark-up on options like that. So negotiate with the dealer and get it for maybe $2500.00 ish?

wiredawgchief

Friends, The 6-point system is installed and works fantastic. Besides the previous benefits discussed, the legs in front of the wheels and behind the wheels will protect the plumbing of a blowout occurs. The system is easy to operate and cool to watch perform its function. The installation took about 16 hours. United RV did an outstanding and professional job. They welded the brackets onto the frame and painted them. The placement of the control panel, wiring, and plumbing is first rate. They had to upgrade my pump, install a larger tank, and installed another valve body. We stayed 2 days and three nights, parked at the dealer. They let us bring our dogs into the showroom and allowed us all to stay in the waiting room. The staff and management are first-rate, extremely professional and most important, have integrity and honor. When they completed the installation, our service writer came to us with a bill for $5,400, parts and labor. I turned pretty pale as I reminded them they quoted me $3,000 plus tax. At that point, they realized they had made a mistake and they made good on it. I paid $3,187 out the door. I understand mistakes are made and am really impressed with them that they honored their quote to me. I highly recommend them to anyone really appreciating the value of this upgrade and looking for quality in workmanship and truly an honest place of business. I'm tired as we left 0200 this morning, so will post photos later. I completed a couple more upgrades I will share later as well. Take care, Ron

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow! That's great news. Here we thought the price was too good to be true, and sounds like it almost was! Glad to hear they honored the quote, and they are a good service dealer, in case we need it down the road. We've been unimpressed with a few we've used in the DFW area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kbvols

Well, these 1 touch systems seem really nice, but I think I am not ready to throw that much dough towards something that seems no big hassle to me during setup/unhitch. I will invest $35 in a new set of leveling Lego blocks, though. Current wisdom on RV leveling for ammonia refrigerator preservation says "If the RV is comfortable to walk in (any tilt barely noticeable), it is level enough for the new generations of ammonia refrigerator.

lol..bought a treated 2 x 10 for around $12 painted with black rust oleum paint about 13 years ago they could use a little paint ...as long as DW can keep placing them correctly I'll save the $$$.

oscar

So it WAS too good to be true, but you got away with it.......the first and probably the one and only. Enjoy your levelers. For the record, the professional people with integrity and honor got to EAT this one. They probably lost money on the deal. I, for one, would not feel that I would have acted with integrity and honor playing this one out. Not getting into it on this forum, just saying.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
A quote has to be honored or it's just a bait and switch, which would be fraudulent. If the "New" price had been disclosed before the work was started then it would have been up to the customer to accept and go forward or decline and go home. Mistakes happen and people learn, but the person that makes the mistake must bare the loss. The show of integrity on United's part will create more business by word of mouth versus the negative impact that would result if they had stuck him with their mistake. He got a great deal and they will be o.k. / Word of mouth advertising can be priceless.

Last edited:

ILH

A quote has to be honored or it's just a bait and switch, which would be fraudulent. If the "New" price had been disclosed before the work was started then it would have been up to the customer to accept and go forward or decline and go home. Mistakes happen and people learn, but the person that makes the mistake must bear the loss. The show of integrity on United's part will create more business by word of mouth versus the negative impact that would result if they had stuck him with their mistake. He got a great deal and they will be o.k. / Word of mouth advertising can be priceless.

Well said. I agree 100%.

wiredawgchief

Invizatu/ILH : Thanks. My wife and I witnessed several instances of great customer service while in the waiting area...one customer was a few months out of warranty, but the dealership took care of them anyway at no cost. I believe these are good people who made an honest mistake. I felt badly we didn't figure it out until the end. We're taking my taking our three grandkids, daughter and son-in-law to Disney World in two weeks. I'm considering sending United RV half of the $2,400 as a show of good faith on my part in a few months after the vacation...seems the avg for the upgrade is around $4,000 and they did a fantastic job. Oscar, I'm not sure how to take your comments...best just to leave it alone and keep it nice on the forum. Ron

scottyb

I have been following this thread with interest. So, assuming you have the round hydraulic landing gear and the valve bodies already in place, what is the real price? $4K?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Invizatu/ILH : Thanks. My wife and I witnessed several instances of great customer service while in the waiting area...one customer was a few months out of warranty, but the dealership took care of them anyway at no cost. I believe these are good people who made an honest mistake. I felt badly we didn't figure it out until the end. We're taking my taking our three grandkids, daughter and son-in-law to Disney World in two weeks. I'm considering sending United RV half of the $2,400 as a show of good faith on my part in a few months after the vacation...seems the avg for the upgrade is around $4,000 and they did a fantastic job. Oscar, I'm not sure how to take your comments...best just to leave it alone and keep it nice on the forum. Ron

That they honored their quote to you speaks volumes for them. That you would meet them half way on the difference speaks volumes for you. I'd be curious how they react, should you make the offer. But, it's always nice to know there are honorable, honest people out there.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I believe in karma and I agree meeting them somewhere near the middle would be the decent thing to do. (Even though your under no obligation to do so). What goes around, so to speak.....

Hopefully no one lost their job over the bad quote. :eek: Trace

wiredawgchief

Scotty, They replaced my pump, the tank and the valve body...basically the only major components reused were the front landing gear. The Lippert factory in Indiana quoted me $4,900. One of the folks at the dealership told me Lippert has a special in mid-winter price for around $4,000. Someone posted the factory quoted them $4,300. Mine is the third one installed at the dealership and by far the most labor is clearing/disconnecting wiring away from the frame in order to weld the brackets. It took about 12 hours to mount the four jacks and put everything back to normal...the rest was plumbing and electronics about 6 hours. The dealership miscalculated what was installed on my unit and this was the first Cyclone they had done. I can see the cost savings of getting this as a factory option where the Lippert jack mounts are welded to the Cyclone Lippert frame before anything else is in place. I realize this was the first Cyclone done and I imagine there was extra time figuring everything out. Bottom line: from my perspective, $4,000 to $4,500 would be an excellent price. That is where I come up splitting the $2,400 they didn't charge me, putting my installation at $4,200. I have a CD they gave me with brochure, quick operating instructions and complete user manual. I will try to figure out how to post them... Take care, Ron

scottyb

Thanks Ron for that information. Of course getting it done in Ft Worth vs Elkhart is a huge cost difference, probably $1K, for me and other Texans. It's nice to know there is a good option nearby.

In my work, I wish the owner had offered to pay us more money, a couple times we made a mistake and under bid a job. There's no way unless somethiong changed from the bid plans, that we would ever see a penny more than our contract amount. We just learn from our mistakes and go on and the project owner gets a good deal, whether it be a city, municipality, or private developer.

wiredawgchief

Friends, I believe I found where the $3,000 quote may have originated: In the brochure, the system that would have been for my rig is listed as $2,995 MSRP. Since neither Lipport nor the dealers will sell the system without the install, it may appear to be the source amount. My Cyclone has rear toilet w/ plumbing right be the left rear jack. Also, the left side frame is the primary feed for rear electronics, lights and controls. There is a lot of stuff on the frame where the jacks are welded.

Attachments

• Level_Up_Brochure.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • Level_Up_Manual.pdf
    525.9 KB · Views: 31