Considering Buying Sundance XLT - NEED ADVICE

dpetri

Hello all,

I am new to the camper community, and as many of you know, the sheer number of fifth-wheel options is overwhelming to say the least. I have narrowed my search down to a unit I believe to be of high quality, but still reasonably priced. The Sundance XLT (pre-owned) is my top choice for right now, and I was hoping to receive feedback from current owners on how this unit has held up. Any complaints or concerns would be much appreciated, as well as positive feedback :).

I am still very much open to which camper I want to buy so any additional suggestions from within the Heartland line would be appreciated. My budget is $20-30K. Thanks in advance!!

iaflatlander

my wife and i have a 2012 sundance xlt. it's model 245rl. we love it. has many of the features of more expensive units. pulls easily with our half ton ecoboost ford. traveled 10,000 miles with no troubles. leave monday for alaska.

any unit can have problems, but heartland has a good reputation for standing behind their products. i'd buy one again.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
iaflatlander....I see in your post the you are pulling with a Ford w/ecoboost 1/2 ton. Question is what is your gw with trailer attached? I also have a Ford 1/2 w/ ecoboost and did not think it would tow a 5er.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Consider new...a new one is at the lower end of your price range for used. Take 30-35% off MSRP. Ours has been great... so far a new converter under warrenty and a blown landing gear fuse.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dpetri,

What is your tow vehicle? This will help determine what units we might suggest. We really like our ElkRidge, which could be at the high end of your range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Love our XLT. It is the North Trail version. It came off the same line as the Sundance, just different badging. Only a few minor problems, most I fixed myself. I would recommend highly. Now it is a light weight fifth wheel. And being so, you will not have all the "bells and whistles" as the higher end units. It has been great for us. Easy to tow and maneuver. Ours is the 29RE, with the rear entertainment and we love this floor plan. Depending on your tow vehicle, it might be on the high end of the weight limit. It is around 9000lbs, semi loaded.

Good Luck!!

dpetri

I am holding off on purchasing a vehicle until I decide exactly which camper I intend on buying, then making sure the vehicle is capable of towing that weight. After further research, I think I want to go with the Sundance 3310MKS. Are there any owners of this particular floor plan?

Also, where would I look to find a good vehicle for towing this unit. Any recommendations on tow vehicles? Thanks again for the help!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I am holding off on purchasing a vehicle until I decide exactly which camper I intend on buying, then making sure the vehicle is capable of towing that weight. After further research, I think I want to go with the Sundance 3310MKS. Are there any owners of this particular floor plan?

Also, where would I look to find a good vehicle for towing this unit. Any recommendations on tow vehicles? Thanks again for the help!

The 3310MKS is a nice unit. You will be on the edge of needing a 1 ton truck for payload/ pin weight purposes.