Commercial Truck Wash

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Is it safe to take your BH through a commercial truck wash? IS the commercial Truck wash to rough for our the roof fixtures, awnings, slides, windows etc?
Has anyone ever do it?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Wayne

nhunter

That has been the only place I wash due to the ease of access, time wash etc. Just be cautious not to get as close as you usually would due to the higher pressure

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
nhunter said:
Just be cautious not to get as close as you usually would due to the higher pressure

Not sure what you mean. Is this some kind of wand or is it a wash that surrounds the unit? Would you please explain.

nhunter

cdbMidland said:
Not sure what you mean. Is this some kind of wand or is it a wash that surrounds the unit? Would you please explain.
Truck wand washes usually have higher pressure than your local carwash. You can easily remove decals if your not paying attention.

jpmorgan37

Wayne,
I have used the Commercial truck washes a few times (where the Over the Road Drivers take 18 wheelers) and they have done a super job. Usually in the winter when the salt and slush covers everything. First time I didn't get them to do the TV, after that I did because it left it all spotted. They even scrub the roof.

John

BJ'sDad

I'd be hesitant to use any of the Blue Beacons or any of the automated truck washes, they use too much pressure and also use what they call "brightener" which is a mild acid which will probably do damage to your graphics and possibly more.

I drove truck commercially for almost 20 years and rarely used a truck wash unless it was one of the "hands on" types where they've got a bunch of high school kids with brushes in their hands and having water fights...LOL
I used Blue Beacon once when there was nothing else available and I told them not to use their "brightener".. well, they did anyways and it took the polish off all the aluminum on the truck and gave it that dull appearance like it had never been polished to begin with.

I drove for MS Carriers for a few years and they were installing automated washes at all their terminals, well, they didn't have the pressure just right and it took large portions of the graphics off the trucks and trailers.

So, I'd say if it's a hand wash type, go for it, if not, you're taking a risk.