ATF: North Trail - Interior Door Locks & Panel Cover for Slide Controls

Hello,

Was just wondering why we don't have interior door locks on both bathroom doors (main entrance and cheater door) or on any bedroom doors.The bedrooms I can understand but why not the bathroom doors? Also, is there a door or some type of covering you can get to go over the slide controls? I've seen them on other trailers and while it doesn't bother me all the time there are some days when it just looks awful to me. :)

Thanks

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi JayBarbinCanada,

If build sheet means a list of what options are in your trailer, you should be able to get a copy of that from your dealer.

I'd hazard a guess that the absence of locks on bathroom/bedroom doors hasn't been a hot button issue for most people. If it were, the doors would probably have locks.

Lots of owners customize their rigs to fit their lifestyle and improve usability and then share what they've done in case others might benefit. If you add locks or a cover over the slide controls, maybe you can take some pictures of your solution and share it in the modifications sub-forum.

Hi danemayer,

Thanks for the info. :)

I was hoping I'd be able to stick to standard equipment on our trailer as it is still 'new' and was also surprised about the locks as we can sleep ten people in our trailer and they are not always family. :) Plus I was hoping to replace just the bathroom door knobs. If I have to use a product from a different source chances are I'll have to replace all the door handles in our trailer to keep it pleasing to the eye. :)

I'll look into building a cover for our controls if Heartland doesn't have this option for the North Trails but again was hoping to stick standard Heartland products.

Thanks,

JayBarbinCanada

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi danemayer,

Thanks for the info. :)

I was hoping I'd be able to stick to standard equipment on our trailer as it is still 'new' and was also surprised about the locks as we can sleep ten people in our trailer and they are not always family. :) Plus I was hoping to replace just the bathroom door knobs. If I have to use a product from a different source chances are I'll have to replace all the door handles in our trailer to keep it pleasing to the eye. :)

I'll look into building a cover for our controls if Heartland doesn't have this option for the North Trails but again was hoping to stick standard Heartland products.

Thanks,

JayBarbinCanada

You might try calling customer service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 have your VIN number handy. They may be able to get you a cabinet door, and some trim pieces, to construct the cover you are desiring. Also, if the hardware is available with a lock for another one of Heartland's lines, they may be able to get this for you at a reasonable cost. If you are a member of the Heartland Owners Club, you can get a discount off parts, as well.

You might try calling customer service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 have your VIN number handy. They may be able to get you a cabinet door, and some trim pieces, to construct the cover you are desiring. Also, if the hardware is available with a lock for another one of Heartland's lines, they may be able to get this for you at a reasonable cost. If you are a member of the Heartland Owners Club, you can get a discount off parts, as well.

Thanks TravelTiger for the phone numbers and the info. I'll give them a shot and see what we can come up with. :)

smp2000

I used a spring loaded exterior GFI electrical cover to cover our slide switch in the rear bedroom. It was positioned right next to the light switch and people always hit the slide switch by mistake. The cover worked out perfectly and doesn't look out of place.... Quick fix and only cost a couple of bucks....