ATF: Big Country - Leaks, sink drains

blacklabbob

Bath glass bowl sink drain leaks at all joints, including the connection to the bowl itself. Had it back to Northgate Parts once for this problem, but it still leaks badly. Re tightened all connections and checked condition of gaskets. Worst leak is at the connection to the bowl itself. Question: How can I remove the bowl from the unit? What should I look for?
I need new drain system from the bowl connection to the end of the trap.
The sink drain in the kitchen is also beginning to leak.
Not wanting another 120 mile round trip to Northgate Parts with no assurance of a fix.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that you are referring to your vessel sink as the glass bowl sink. If I am correct, read on.
I have changed my vessel sink. They come out easy.
Just remove all the nuts on the plumbing below the counter top and the bowl lifts right off.
One thing we have found out is that these bowls tend to be messy. If you are getting water on the counter top itself it could be just splashing over the side.
If your kitchen sink is leaking tighten all the connections including the big ring on the sink itself.

Peace
Dave

My bathroom vessel sink was leaking water on the counter last fall.
After I disassembled everything, I found that RTV was used as a seal on everything, what a mess that was.
I cleaned the RTV all off and used Plumbers Putty on the drain fitting inside of the bowl and put it all back together.
It hasn't leaked since.

Hockster

=====================================================================================================================================

ParkIt

My bathroom vessel sink was leaking water on the counter last fall.
After I disassembled everything, I found that RTV was used as a seal on everything, what a mess that was.
I cleaned the RTV all off and used Plumbers Putty on the drain fitting inside of the bowl and put it all back together.
It hasn't leaked since.

Hockster
Been thinking about doing the same on our vessel sink but it hasn't leaked yet and it seems they did a better job on ours.
Then again, I found RTV stuck to the inside of the sink when someone was seating it at the factory and didn't get it off their hands first before putting in the sink.
Before using anything water in our unit both my son and I checked everything we could (even pulled the panel off in the storage compartment) and gradually filled it then used each drain even though it looked like it had been done properly at the factory. It's just something you have to monitor like all the other things that on wheels.

blacklabbob

Bath glass bowl sink drain leaks at all joints, including the connection to the bowl itself. Had it back to Northgate Parts once for this problem, but it still leaks badly. Re tightened all connections and checked condition of gaskets. Worst leak is at the connection to the bowl itself. Question: How can I remove the bowl from the unit? What should I look for?
I need new drain system from the bowl connection to the end of the trap.
The sink drain in the kitchen is also beginning to leak.
Not wanting another 120 mile round trip to Northgate Parts with no assurance of a fix.
Factory promptly replied (thank you) and sent a new kit to replace the original parts. After cleaning the mess if silicone up from the previous repair attempt I installed the new parts. No leaks yet, but will have to keep an eye on it during a road trip.