New heavy duty motor new 3 to1 gearbox and still making poping noise and will not raise the rig NEED HELP PLEASE!!

GETnBYE

I have installed a new gear box , heavy duty motor and still not able to raise unit off truck without help of manual jacks. The motor seems to be slipping while it is trying to run. The motor does o.k. lowering the unit. Any suggestions not much time to fix problem before Goshen.

Thanks Wayne

wdk450

Re: New heavy duty motor new 3to1 gearbox and still making poping noise and will not raise the rig NEED HELP PLEAS

Wayne:

Sometimes this is caused by the bevel gears on the leg slipping. Usually this will happen on one leg or another and not so much really bad on both legs. There is a different part number repair kit for each leg - The difference is the long shaft/short shaft on the lead (motor driven) and follow (shaft driven) legs. A good sized RV store should have thse in stock, BE SURE THE PARTS ARE FOR A VENTURE BRAND SYSTEM. There are other brands out there that are designed exactly the same, but have different sized parts in the legs. Hopefully you can get them overnight ship, if you have to order them online.

With the age of your rig, the leg's threaded lead screw may need lubrication. Too much resistance on the lead screw and nut can cause the leg gears to jump a tooth.

Good luck, and I hope to see you in Goshen!!

Last edited:

GETnBYE

Re: New heavy duty motor new 3to1 gearbox and still making poping noise and will not raise the rig NEED HELP PLEAS

Thanks for your help. We found out how to lube the screws by searching on the forum. Problem solved. Thanks to all who reply on the forum on the problems Heartland owners have. The information was just what I needed to repair my landing gear.

Wayne

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

Hey Wayne,
A new 6-point level-up system would cure that too. LOL!

wdk450

Wayne:
Glad to help. If you read all of the threads on the landing gear lead screws you would have read that "according to the manufacturer" they are lifetime lubricated and don't need further lubrication. That doesn't seem to work.

GETnBYE

Mark, Nita would kill me.
Sincerely, Nita

Hey Wayne,
A new 6-point level-up system would cure that too. LOL!