2013 Goshen Rally - Travel Routing

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks for the fairground pic!

We are traveling from the Dallas, TX area. Any ideas on routes to take? I'm allowing about 3 days to get there.

Thanks for any info!

porthole

Retired
Karen, I can't check the map right now, but if it was me I would head up to 80 and then go across. No toll in PA and a better road then 76.

As to 20 in indiana, I used it a couple of years ago in the evening, it was a pleasant ride, averaged about 50 mph and no toll

danemayer

We are traveling from the Dallas, TX area. Any ideas on routes to take? I'm allowing about 3 days to get there.

Thanks for any info!

Hi Nancy and Dave,

We're taking a leisurely drive up I-30 to I-40 to I65 and then 31 and other truck routes north from Indy.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Route to Goshen

Question:
I am coming by I-80 from California to Elkhart first. What will my Indiana toll road toll be for my 4 axle rig? I looked at their website, got a price of about $15, but did not understand the "Barrier Charges".
I don't know about the Barrier Charge, but have been on the Indiana I-80 toll a few times and you are correct, it will be around $15.
I take I-80 east to IN 15 at Bristol. Then south about 12 miles to Goshen.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

Paul & Nan

Thanks for any info!
Nancy and Dave--We are going a familiar route to us as we moved to Rusk, TX from IL and have been to Goshen from there before. We will take I30N out of Texarkana, I40 out of LittleRock to I55 at West Memphis. At Sikeston, Mo (where there is a good restruaunt, home of the Throwed Rolls) take I57 to I70 at Effingam IL. I70 to Indy to US 31N, then US6 to Nappanee and the at last 15N to Goshen. Like I said, we have done all this before and it is good road. We are leaving June 3 and plan to be in Goshen on the 6th. Travel safe. Paul and Nan

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired

Thanks Dan, Paul & Nan!
Be safe and we'll see you there. We plan to arrive June 13.

dalspot

Thanks Duane, I looked at that, but we'd be traveling on 322 from Harrisburg to 80, have no idea of what the road is like and across the hills. We don't have disc brakes on the Sundance...

Karen, I can't check the map right now, but if it was me I would head up to 80 and then go across. No toll in PA and a better road then 76.

As to 20 in indiana, I used it a couple of years ago in the evening, it was a pleasant ride, averaged about 50 mph and no toll

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nancy and Dave--We are going a familiar route to us as we moved to Rusk, TX from IL and have been to Goshen from there before. We will take I30N out of Texarkana, I40 out of LittleRock to I55 at West Memphis. At Sikeston, Mo (where there is a good restruaunt, home of the Throwed Rolls) take I57 to I70 at Effingam IL. I70 to Indy to US 31N, then US6 to Nappanee and the at last 15N to Goshen. Like I said, we have done all this before and it is good road. We are leaving June 3 and plan to be in Goshen on the 6th. Travel safe. Paul and Nan

Nancy, I think this is the route we took in March, or pretty close. Very easy. Some construction on 40 in Arkansas, and around Effingham, but overall manageable. We are going through Tennessee and Kentucky for sightseeing so we'll see y'all on the 17th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
My plans are simple - get on 90 in Worcester MA and go west!!! Taking 3 days to do the drive, well really one full day and 2 half days since I Will be starting after work on day one.

Looking forward to my first National Rally.

TXTiger

I am visiting in Cleveland Ohio before heading to the Rally in Goshen. What is the best route from Cleveland to Goshen?

jnbhobe

Kevin, You'll be going right past my house, but I'll already be in Goshen.

Tony, I-90 will take you right past Goshen you can take RT- 15 south from I-90 into Goshen.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Dave and Nancy, Paul and Nan's route is the way we took several times when traveling to Elkhart/Goshen.

GETnBYE

Don't forget about Bonnaroo on I=24 between Chattanooga and Nashville, (Manchester, TN), is June 13 thru 16. Not sure what we plan to do as it is sometimes better as they leave than when they are going in and we travel on the 16th. But be aware, it can be a mess.
Nita

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Oops forgot about Bonnaroo. Thank goodness we are leaving on the 14th from AL heading up I-65. Maybe it won't be that bad with folks crossing over to the I-24. Ya'll travel safely.

Last edited:

GETnBYE

That is a good route, last time when Bonnaroo was at the same time we went over and hit 65 , but it adds an hour or more to our time. We might have to chance it and hope they are all roooooooed out and gone home by Sunday evening.

Oops forgot about Bonnaroo. Thank goodness we are leaving on the 14th from AL heading up I-65. Maybe it won't be that back with folks crossing over to the I-24. Ya'll travel safely.

Kbvols

Bonnaroo is music and arts festival info below from their website.

WHAT IS BONNAROO?
4 of the best days ever. 80,000 happy campers. 700 Acres of Tennessee Nature. 150 epic performances. 10+ stages of music. Several dozen comedians. An escape into Excitement. Music. Art. Discoveries. Trees. Fresh Air. Green Grass. A mini film fest. Friends (Old / New). Adventure. Overwhelming happiness. Hugging a stranger by accident. Sharing and Generosity. Bonnaroovian Dancing. Hyperbolic verbiage. System overload. The perfect bite of ice cream. Sandals. Fallovers. Chirping Birds. Flashing Lights. Food and Drink. Variety. Singing. Laughing. Short shorts. High-Fives. Rocky IV in the cinema tent at 3am. Spicy Pie. Memories. Someone dressed up like Teen Wolf. Holy Cow(!) Moments. Interesting factoids. Egg sandwiches. More music. Adventure. Deep Breaths. Big smiles. This. That. The Other. Hellos and Goodbyes and reminders of all that we have to celebrate and look forward to next year and in the future.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Sir Paul McCartney is the lead-off singer this year. Record ticket sales. In the past, I-24 has had up to 20 miles wait as folks try to get in, some wait on the side of the interstate for a couple of days. I think TDOT has done a better crowd control job on the interstate the lasts couple of years. Just think of Woodstock and you have Bonnaroo.

TXTiger

Kevin, You'll be going right past my house, but I'll already be in Goshen.

Tony, I-90 will take you right past Goshen you can take RT- 15 south from I-90 into Goshen.
Thanks. Sounds like the best way to go. See you there.