2013 Goshen Rally - Travel Routing

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Many of you are arriving to the campground in Goshen from different directions. I don't know all the main routes to the campground that everyone is using, but I hope this will help some.

From Elkhart or I-90 from the north or US-20 from the east or west this is a good route to follow toward the campground.

View attachment To Goshen Rally.pdf

If you are approaching from a direction that would take you through the downtown area it is easier to take the Truck route and avoid the few blocks of down town.

View attachment Thru Downtown Goshen.pdf

As you approach the Fairgrounds Gate #1, which Mr. Beletti asking us to use to enter the campground, it will be the first gate from the West. Gate 1 is the main entrance to the Fairgrounds.
Also here is a Satellite view of the campground with the Gates Shown.

Fairgrounds map.jpg View attachment Satellite View of Fairgrounds with Gates.pdf

Gate #1 can be located at N41.58072 W85.81003...

I hope this is helpful

BC

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Now that I look at your maps, I think I picked up Hwy. 4 from 13 last time. Turned south on Blackport in Goshen and that takes you right to County 34 (Monroe St.) about 200 yds. from the gate.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Bob - those are great maps but some of us will be traveling up Hwy 33 from Fort Wayne. Can you add a map showing this route please?
Thanks

kkamshop

I seem to remember hearing that there was some road construction scheduled for the area near the fairgrounds - is that going to be an issue or maybe I just dreamed that up?

Kbvols

Nabo,
follow 33 into Goshen it will go right by Monroe st that goes to the fairgrounds. On Bob"s 2nd map where the red line goes to the fairground the yellow road below it is 33 hope that helps.

Nabo

I know being there 2 years ago but we have 8 folks coming from TN/KY who haven't been there before and Bob's maps are wonderful to print. We will be caravan in with 5 rigs but the others are coming in earlier/later than our arrival date and I was just trying to give them a good printout.

jbeletti

So JB, what prompted the change to a gate 1 entrance?

Duane,

The SOITC (Suites Owners International Travel Club) aka, the DRV club is rallying at the venue at the same time we are pre-rallying. In order to stay out of their way AND to have our own check in area, Gate 1 was determined as a best-fit.

I'm looking forward to trying a new gate and such. Once you enter, it must be at least a quarter mile long road off 34 until you reach our check-in trailer. A long road to stack up the incoming, the onslaught, the HOCs.....

TXBobcat

Fulltime
OK here is a map showing the route US-33 & Hwy 6 from the south to the fairgrounds.

US-33 from the south to Fairgronds.jpg US-33 to Fairgronds downtown area.jpg

Hope these help.

BC

porthole

Retired
Duane,

The SOITC (Suites Owners International Travel Club) aka, the DRV club is rallying at the venue at the same time we are pre-rallying. In order to stay out of their way AND to have our own check in area, Gate 1 was determined as a best-fit.

I'm looking forward to trying a new gate and such. Once you enter, it must be at least a quarter mile long road off 34 until you reach our check-in trailer. A long road to stack up the incoming, the onslaught, the HOCs.....

Good reason.
The gate 2 staging area seemed ideal, lots of room, and centrally located for the wagons to wagon wheel out to the sites.

Nabo

Thanks Bob for the additional maps. I will forward them to our newbies coming from TN/KY area.

danemayer

We've come up I-35, I-30, I-40, and I-65 from Austin, Texas over the past few days (will be leaving Indy this morning). Traffic moved well with only a few relatively short areas under construction, and no delays. Road surfaces generally ok with a few rough patches. Highways around Nashville were probably the worst, but even there the rough area was only a couple of miles. And we managed to avoid severe weather.

LOTS of speed enforcement all along the way. I don't think I've ever seen so much.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks for the update on the roads, Dan. I've googled the route Paul & Nan used and it says US6 is closed temporarily. Anyone go this way yet?

THanks,

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Although I kinda started this thread, it looks like SWMHRA may have the last word and we'll be taking I-80 off of I-69, after all.

GETnBYE

I just looked in the Garmin and I had a saved item called "Heartland Rally". Gonna just hit GO!! As soon as Wayne gets done with that pesky work this week. Boo!! See you all soon!
Nita