Slides Slow and Stopping

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I read a previous thread on this issue and wanted to ask a further question. Ours come out slowly, bedroom fairly good, much slower on the computer desk slide then very slow on the big slide with couch. Then the slide stops, the motor is running but no movement. I waited awhile then shut the volves for the other 2 slides and continued with the large slide and outit came. Do I have a breaker problem as mentioned in the Closed thread or anther problem. We are hooked into shore power. It seems when bringing the slides in there is not the same slowness or stoppage. Doug

danemayer

Re: Slides Slow nad Stopping

Hi Doug & Lynne,

On hydraulic slides, if it were the breaker, the hydraulic pump would stop until the breaker reset.

Have you checked the fluid level in the reservoir? With slides and jacks IN, the fluid should be 1/2" to 3/4" from the top.

DougLynne

Re: Slides Slow nad Stopping

The fluid level appears fine, will double check when we bring the slides back in. Wondering if the viscosity changes over time as the trailer is an 07. Doug

jejinks

We have a 2008 and it did the same as yours rig. The dealer instructed us to increase the size of the relay switch. Don't quote me but I believe what is installed is a 40 and he increased to an 80. Worked fine ever since.

DougLynne

I just talked to an RVTech and he believes my new 12 volt battery is too small for 3 slides. I assumed when I replaced my 2 6 volt batteries that "any" new 12 volt would be suffice. I'mpretty sure I bought a 24 deep cycle and the tech said a 27 is minimum for 3 slides and in fact recommended I get 2 27's. I won't go back to 6 volts as they are just to heavy to get in and out of my trailer. Doug

danemayer

I just talked to an RVTech and he believes my new 12 volt battery is too small for 3 slides.
You should probably have a group 27, and two are better than one for sure. BUT, I think a group 24 battery that's fairly new and in good condition, and fully charged would not have a problem.

aatauses

We have a 24 in a BH 3670 (4 slides) and do not have an issue. One thing you may consider is to hook up electric and then open your slides--we do the same when getting ready to leave--I put in the slides while still hooked to shore power.
However when we do only use battery--we do not have an issue woth a 24.
al
currently in Kenai, AK