2013 Goshen Rally - Mobile Site

jbeletti

Hey Rally Attendees!

Anyone have a Smart Phone or Internet connected tablet or other mobile device? Want to make it work smart for you at the Rally?

On your Smart Phone, launch the web browser. Then go to this web page: m.heartlandowners.org

Let the page load fully until it has a menu structure. Then bookmark it. I bookmarked mine on the homepage of my iPhone. Now I just press an icon from the screen.

We are only 1/3 the way done with it but I am driving all day tomorrow and won't be online much and I just couldn't hold this in any longer :)

Tonight (3-June), just the Main Menu Page and Pre-Rally Page have content.

My hope is over the next couple days, the Rally Page gets loaded as well as a Rally Documents page. We'll also look at making the typeface larger. On my developers Android, it's tiny and on my iPhone 5, it's tiny. But, it looks and works great zoomed, for now.

Mobile-Main-Menu-Page.jpg Mobile-Pre-Rally-Menu-Tuesday.jpg

That's about it - just something simple but maybe useful. If you're out and about at the venue or in town and want to know what's coming up, just punch it up easily from your mobile device.

I typed up the pages (copy/paste from the full-sized documents really) and forum technical moderator, Michael Kidd (linuxkidd) did the coding in jquery.

That is all.... :)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looks great on my iPad. Wish we could have stayed and attended. Will def make next one in goshen though. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Our developer worked up a couple more screens for us last night.

We now have pages for AGENDA,

Mobile Agenda.jpg Mobile Rally Docs.jpg Mobile Marketplace.jpg

Coming soon are SEMINAR and LTA (Leisure Time Activities Presentations) schedules.

Bookmark this URL on your Smart Phone or Internet-enabled Tablet: m.heartlandowners.org

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks - just loaded it on both my smartphone and tablet. Works great.

jbeletti

Mobile Website - complete!

Aside from typo corrections and last minute schedule changes, the "Mobile" Rally Website is complete.

Today, LTA and Seminar schedules were added. Then, a last minute add-in - POIs. POI is Point of Interest. On the mobile site, for the most part, these are Google Map links. For example, when you select the POI - Walmart, a Google map will appear with area Walmarts located on it.

POI Screen:
Mobile-POIs.jpg

Click here to download a 2-page "Mobile" Rally Website document that shows all the screens and provides a few tips.

Click here from any device to go to the Mobile Rally Website.

jbeletti

Thanks everyone. It's our first effort at a Mobile Site for a rally. Heartland, the factory does a fair amount of mobile site coding for the factory website, but they didn't do the rally mobile site.

Hope people find it useful.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Nice idea and works great! We're starting on the road on Monday! Looking forward to seeing all the crew again and having those Nellie Muffins!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Nice idea and works great! We're starting on the road on Monday! Looking forward to seeing all the crew again and having those Nellie Muffins!
Tom, we had Nelly Muffins this morning.
Sorry, I had no choice but to eat your share.
See you soon.

Peace
Dave