EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: MA, Middleboro - 7/17/2014 to 7/20/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

gschaaf

Re: Looking for travel ideas from PA to MA

Thanks Deb and John what more can I say another great job Fran and I had a great time. See ya back home.

jbeletti

To John and Deb and other club members who assisted with this rally - wow, great job! Nancy and I enjoyed the rally and enjoyed the area! Thank you!

To the rally attendees that attended the small meeting I held at the pavilion Saturday morning, who gave me feedback on some quality issues you saw with one of the display coaches - thank you for your feedback! I apologize for having to bail on the few that walked over to the coaches with me, but Terry H did a great job of writing up some things you mentioned to him and he took some great pics as well.

I followed through by passing it all onto Kary Katzenberger, the Bighorn GM and he was all over it today. He apologized for it and he lamented a bit about why the dealer didn't take care if a few items before displaying them. He assured me that they have already made process improvements in the way they cut and attached the paneling we saw in the storage bay.

Also, someone pointed out something on another display coach that I'd never seen before. There was a big bubble on a hydraulic hose for one of the front jacks, just above the connector. Looks like hydraulic pressure had pushed fluid into the hose jacket. I alerted the Kary so he could alert Camping World before they move it. Kary said they are "on it". Thanks for pointing that out too :)

Nancy and I decided to stay 3 more nights so we can visit Boston before we head to Maine. We'd hoped to stay closer, at Minuteman Campground on the NW side of Boston but could not get a full-hookup site for 3 nights. As such, we added 3 nights here at the KOA.

There are a few holdovers here at the KOA. Maybe some of us will go out for dinner tonight?? :)

Last edited:

Hick1

Thank you again for all your hard work. Enjoyed it all. Food Bank, FOOD, FooD, food, food, food, etc

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Thank you John & Deb for another outstanding rally everything was awesome but the best part was being with everyone again! Safe travels to all and we'll see you down the road

Miller0758

I just wanted to take a moment to thank John and Deb for their hard work but more importantly a big thank you to John and Deb and everyone else for making JR and Nicole feel like the most important people there. JR is already asking if we can somehow get to Goshen and can't wait to buy his first Heartland. Until then, he talked all the way home (6+ hours) about why we NEED to buy the Big Horn that was on display with the front living room. Oh how I love how he spends my money ... Lol. Again, thanks to you all for your fellowship and safe travels to those who are still on the road.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I just wanted to take a moment to thank John and Deb for their hard work but more importantly a big thank you to John and Deb and everyone else for making JR and Nicole feel like the most important people there. JR is already asking if we can somehow get to Goshen and can't wait to buy his first Heartland. Until then, he talked all the way home (6+ hours) about why we NEED to buy the Big Horn that was on display with the front living room. Oh how I love how he spends my money ... Lol. Again, thanks to you all for your fellowship and safe travels to those who are still on the road.

That front living room Bighorn is awesome. I think you could convert those to 2 storage areas in rear to sleeping areas for the kids. Hope you can make it to Goshen.

emm4273610re

Wow what a weekend! Thanks to Deb & John for planning such a weekend ! It was great to meet everyone and put faces with screen names. It was our first rally and with everyone's warm welcome it made it a great weekend. "mom" had great time ! ! ! ! Thanks to everyone for making such a welcoming atmosphere ! ! ! !

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
What a great time we had thank you Deb & John for all your planning and hours that went in to this event !! The Caterer you picked was Awesome , great tasting food and plenty for all !! We got to take in the area sites and catchup with a classmate that I hadn't seen in over 25 plus years.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I am so very touched by your comments about the Northeast Region Rally on the Forum and on our Facebook Page. I am equally pleased that so many of you made the trip to Massachusetts! We really had the opportunity to enjoy ourselves with this event and quite honestly it didn't hurt my feet as much as some rallies in the past. I never really felt we deserved the compliments you so publicly express, mainly because it is what we signed up for. Our desire is simply to put a smile on your face and a full feeling in you belly. It does however, fill my heart with joy when we succeed! We love what we do and continue on because it makes you happy!
I MUST apologize to our Rally Kidz for not preparing "S'mores Cones" on Saturday evening. With our excitement about the formation of the Massachusetts Chapter and holding an impromptu meeting with JB and the new leadership, I forgot all about that activity. Everyone knows how we feel about our kidz and we are so very sorry this happened. We will make sure you get some in PA or the next time we get together! Madison, JR and Nicole are a big part of our "family" and we love our "Kidz"!
John and I have already begun planning for the 2015 rally and hope you will join us in Copake, NY.
Love you all and THANK YOU!

JIM-GERI

John & Deb,
Great job as always! Most of all Great friends! Food was good, Company was better. Thanks to Heartland for all there support. And to Mike Walker for great job on the golf outing until next time. Hope everyone gets home safe.
Thanks Again Love Yea Jim"Cosmo" & Geri

bdb2047

John&Deb
Great week thanks for your time and effort in making this happen. Food was outstanding will probably go back to spend more time in area. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I need your help my friends! Can someone refresh my memory (an impossible task I know) as to which 2 attendees won the free year extension of their HOC memberships. I have to notify the club manager and am working on my follow up now. I can't remember who won but I did make myself a note to send the winners names up the ladder to the Club Manager! Help!!!!!!

Can anyone explain the heading on this thread changing from the Region Rally to Travel Plans????? Just curious!:confused:

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I need your help my friends! Can someone refresh my memory (an impossible task I know) as to which 2 attendees won the free year extension of their HOC memberships. I have to notify the club manager and am working on my follow up now. I can't remember who won but I did make myself a note to send the winners names up the ladder to the Club Manager! Help!!!!!!

Can anyone explain the heading on this thread changing from the Region Rally to Travel Plans????? Just curious!:confused:

Deb I was told that Jim & I were the other couple that won it. Maryann bounce our ball she did good!

Status
Not open for further replies.