New Member of the Family

kernst

2014 Heartland Gateway 3650BH. We brought her home Saturday afternoon. Very proud parents here. More info will be posted in the General Discussions area of the Gateway Community here on the forums.

gateway1.jpg

gateway2.jpg

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels" and welcome to the family. She's a beaut! Check out the OK Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club. They have a rally coming up this November and they would love to have ya'll join them.

miboje

Ohhhhh, nice truck! Oh, yeah, the Gateway looks great too. ;) Congratulations!

Fellow PowerStroke owner, if you hadn't guessed. *Snicker*

jimtoo

Very nice, we just purchased a 3650bh also we pick it up soon. Is that an f250?

Hi Gsxr130,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go for PDI, please do a very good check over. From top to bottom and front to back. Make sure everything works and you can work everything. Don't let them rush you and if you have a question, get an answer. Camp on their lot or close by if possible for a day or so.

Let us know how it goes.

Jim M

kernst

Very nice, we just purchased a 3650bh also we pick it up soon. Is that an f250?

Yes, it's a 2011 Ford F250 Lariat, 6.7l Diesel. I bought it used back in March with almost 60k miles on it. It pulls that 3650bh like a champ. Coming from a Toyota Tundra, the Ford rides quite a bit rougher, but to be expected for a 3/4 ton pickup. I've added air bags to the rear suspension, which makes towing feel a lot more stable. I'm planning on replacing the fuel tank with something larger, possibly a 50 gallon Titan tank. The 26 gallon stock tank is quite small while towing, in my opinion. Considering you can't just pull into any ole gas station while towing the trailer, it makes the frequent fill ups a bit of a pain when not on interstate roads where truck stops are abundant.

Gsxr130

I also have a 2011 F250 but with the long bed it has a 37 gallon tank, I just installed firestone airbags and B&W turnover ball/Companion hitch, we should be picking up our new 3650BH in a week or so.

caissiel

I have a 22 gallon gravity tank in the bed and when I had the standard box with 28 gallon tank I could drive a full day.

Now in the LWB F250 I just use it as a reserve for a full day travel. The BC and F250 are so much easier on fuel.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

GWRam

I just installed firestone airbags and B&W turnover ball/Companion hitch, we should be picking up our new 3650BH in a week or so.

Gsxr130,
Congratulations on your new 3650BH. I just picked our 3650BH up from the dealer on the 1st of Oct. We love it.

One suggestion and it is one that others have already posted. Take your time on inspection day, be thorough. Little things are easier fixed prior to signing the paper work (when the dealer is motivated) than having to bring the unit back later. I am usually very thorough but I missed 5 items and now are unit is sitting back at the dealer sitting waiting for these items to get taken care of. They could have all been fixed the day I picked up the unit if I had noticed them and also if I had scheduled an earlier time in the day for walk through.

Items I missed. One Slide topper is not covering the slide out. It is set to far forward, large over hang toward the front and doesn't cover slide out toward the rear.
Two of the crank out Dual pane Windows very hard to turn for opening. One will not open at all.
One of the hinge screws pulled out on the cabinet door over the sofa
All the coax connections behind faceplates and at splitters were loose. Didn't find this out till we were out camping. all the TVs were running off the antenna during walk through. Great pictures.
Hooked up to cable at a campground the only tv that had a marginal picture was the main tv till I went through and tightened all the connections. One was completely unhooked for the master.

The dealer could have fixed all of these the day of pickup but I missed them. Now instead of having my unit and getting it ready for our next big trip coming up it is sitting on a dealers lot until they have time to get to it.

The whole family loves our 3650BH. It turns heads and the last two trips out we had people stopping by the whole time asking about it. Our numbers are growing. I found another 3650BH set back in the trees at the last state park we were at.
Enjoy.

Dave

GWRam

I just installed firestone airbags we should be picking up our new 3650BH in a week or so.

Gsxr130,
I meant to ask in my last post. How hard did you find the install of the airbags to be? Do you have the onboard compressor of the external air fill port? I'm looking at adding them to my 2500Ram.

Thanks,
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sweet rig!

Very nice . . . !

As for the extra gas tank . . . when I get a new truck (probably not for a couple of years) I will get an extra tank!

On our way back from South Dakota this past summer, we skipped a gas station thinking there would be another soon . . . NOT! :mad:

It was the day before the Sturgis rally started and there were a bunch of bikes and RV's in line, so we decided to try our luck. :confused:

Still had 3/4 tank of gas . . . no problemo . . . right? :rolleyes:

We ran out of gas about 17 miles from civilization out in the middle of nowhere in Nebraska . . . at least we had cell service out there! :eek:

OutOfGasInNebraska-IMG1198.jpg

I sure am glad that I have the Good Sam's Roadside Assistance card!

We enjoyed our lunch in the trailer while we waited for a tow truck to bring us some gas.

Now I carry a full 5-gallon gas can when we are traveling away from it all . . . just in case!

Out here in the west, it is easy to find yourself in long stretches of road without anything for miles!

Gsxr130

Gsxr130,
I meant to ask in my last post. How hard did you find the install of the airbags to be? Do you have the onboard compressor of the external air fill port? I'm looking at adding them to my 2500Ram.

Thanks,
Dave

It really wasn't to hard, took a few hours with a friends help. I use external air for now.