Wheel to wheel step/nerf bars for dually

Wolfpackers

I want to add steps/nerf bars to my long bed dually, but have yet to find ones that I like. My preference is a tubular step (round or oval) vs. a running board with the whole length having a stepping surface vs. the 3 individual step areas that some bars have. I'd love to see pics of what others have put on their dually that extends back to the rear wheels. From my searching, wheel to wheel bars are either straight or have a "kickout" where the rear fenders flare out. I know I can buy straight bars like you would put on a long bed SRW, but have yet to see a pic of one installed on a DRW.

Hope someone has found one like I'm looking for, so post your pics and give me the details...mfg, $$, etc.

Thanks.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Hi Brent... Can't help you on the wheel to wheel thing, but.... Go to www.westinfactoryoutlet.com for really really good prices on their products.
Bought oval nerfs (Platinum series / polished stainless steel) for my Dodge dually for $275.68 (with free shipping and no tax) and did the install myself, it was very easy. Check out their website, maybe they have pics of what you are interested in. By the way, the door to door look great, really balances out the way everything looks. But then again it's a Dodge... It looks great no matter what! lol

TedS

Wish you were here in Colorado. I have a set I took off my Ford F350 cc long box I'd like to sell. Westin's. Stainless oval. Replaced with electric because the wife could not easily use the nerf bar.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'd like a wheel to wheel step bar too, I get to unlatch the hitch and have to step up on the dually wheel. Leaning against the fender can mess my clothes! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mobilcastle

I think Westin makes wheel to wheel for duallys-I was going to use them but my wife did not like how small the rail was. So I put on factory rails. I carry a small light weight ladder to unhook and get up into the bed-works great.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
When I got the dually I thought that I got shorter or fatter. Nope, just had to get a small plastic folding step stool. I have seen them, but have no clue who makes them. Did you try "smittys"?

SilverRhino

I had the tube style that flared out at the dually fender on my '01 Dodge.....had to cut them off at the end of the cab with the new bed. The only ones that I was able to find were manufactured by Waag and were called "Kickouts".........Not sure if they are still in business or not. Great product, very easy to install, no drilling just bolted them up.

Good Luck!

cargears

Re: Wheel to wheel step/nerf bars for dually ram

This might be late but I know where to get those nerf bars that you are looking for (i think :) ) These are the ones I have had for about a year now and they were easy to install but I just need help holding up one end and i worked on the other. they bolted right up, no drill. I bed dually with the kick out or flare like you were saying.
I cant find a picture of my truck on my computer that has a close up of the flare, but on their website they show it on a chev dually though, flared bars and 3 steps.
They cost me 489 shipped then, i think they are 499 now
http://www.customautotrim.com/nerf-bars/dodge-full-length-stainless-steel-nerf-bars.htm
Pic from site - I hope it helps

chev_dually2.jpg

I want to add steps/nerf bars to my long bed dually, but have yet to find ones that I like. My preference is a tubular step (round or oval) vs. a running board with the whole length having a stepping surface vs. the 3 individual step areas that some bars have. I'd love to see pics of what others have put on their dually that extends back to the rear wheels. From my searching, wheel to wheel bars are either straight or have a "kickout" where the rear fenders flare out. I know I can buy straight bars like you would put on a long bed SRW, but have yet to see a pic of one installed on a DRW.

Hope someone has found one like I'm looking for, so post your pics and give me the details...mfg, $$, etc.

Thanks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Wheel to wheel step/nerf bars for dually ram

This might be late but I know where to get those nerf bars that you are looking for (i think :) ) These are the ones I have had for about a year now and they were easy to install but I just need help holding up one end and i worked on the other. they bolted right up, no drill. I bed dually with the kick out or flare like you were saying.
I cant find a picture of my truck on my computer that has a close up of the flare, but on their website they show it on a chev dually though, flared bars and 3 steps.
They cost me 489 shipped then, i think they are 499 now
http://www.customautotrim.com/nerf-bars/dodge-full-length-stainless-steel-nerf-bars.htm
Pic from site - I hope it helps

chev_dually2.jpg

You link helps me! I tried to buy them from Classy Chassis at the last Goshen rally, but they were out of them and never followed through with calling me. And these are less $$ to boot, with free shipping. Thanks!

TravelTiger

Yes, I've been wanting these since I'm the one who leans over the dually fender to unhook the hitch latch. Adding to the wish list!

JohnDar

Yes, I've been wanting these since I'm the one who leans over the dually fender to unhook the hitch latch. Adding to the wish list!

Don't know if you checked that site, Erika, but they're on sale at $499.99 until Feb. 22, with free shipping. I ordered a set.

TravelTiger

Ya, ok.... nothing says "hanky panky" like buying a gal some nerf bars. :p

JohnDar

Huzzah! My nerd bars are arriving tomorrow. Now if it would just stop snowing I could mount them this weekend. Forecast says another 4" on Friday and single digit lows.

It's winter in Michigan like it used to be. Unfortunately, I'm not like I used to be :(