Trying to keep the heat out

CeeCee

We are heading down south in a few weeks. Not sure what you call it but has anyone used the plastic film that you put over windows & heat it with a hair dryer to get it to stick. You buy it from Home Depot or Lowes & usually use it over windows in the winter to keep the cold out. Our AC runs non stop & really has a hard time keeping the coach cool because of the large windows. Last year I bought a roll of insul. that you put over windshield & put over the windows but it makes it too dark inside. Just wondering if that would help at all or should I just stick with what I used last year. Thanks

happyappy

I've heard of the window film you are speaking of, but don't have any experience with it. My understanding is works similar to a dual pane window...the air between the window and film works as insulation.

I plan to apply heat control window film to the glass on my larger windows when I get some time in the camper. Others have had some success with it. Here's a thread with comments and a link to the product I'm talking about.

Link

If you use the other film, let us know how it works. It may be easier to apply than what I'm currently planning.

CeeCee

Thanks, I don't know which way to go. Maybe I'll just use what I used last year. I'm running out of time before we leave.

Eddhuy

We applied the window film in our Gateway. Will be taking it out next week to Nevada, so it will be a good test for it. My daughter is very good at installing the film, all I do is assist her.