Thank You Tredit Tire and Wheel

wdk450

Gang:
While I am waiting on the Bighorn repair at the factory, I have been trying to get "little" RV and truck details taken care of. Well, 2 of the Bighorn wheels had the end dust cap missing form their EZ-Lube cover cups at the center of the wheel. I looked up Tredit's address on the internet, put it in the GPS, and drove over there. The nice lady there in parts found me 2 of the caps, and gave them to me at no charge!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That's good to hear. I lost a cap on my Series06 wheels when I had the tire issue. I'll try to follow your lead.

odiehog

Bill, just an observance from your signature......what is a "D-Celerator exhaust brake"? Was it an after-market device or did it come with your Dodge? I'm looking for more brake on my 2008 GMC Duramax.....something better than the "tow/haul" button.

Thanks,
Steve

wdk450

Bill, just an observance from your signature......what is a "D-Celerator exhaust brake"? Was it an after-market device or did it come with your Dodge? I'm looking for more brake on my 2008 GMC Duramax.....something better than the "tow/haul" button.

Thanks,
Steve

It's an aftermarket, add-on exhaust brake (think big diesel "Jake Brake") for those trucks that don't come factory equipped with one. Tow/haul usually downshifts you 1 gear, and the exhaust brake is tied to the transmission to downshift you another gear while a butterfly valve essentially plugs your exhaust pipes. Here is a link:
http://www.usgear.cc/dcelerator.htm

Duramax1

Does anyone know whether these dustcaps are available from any other source? I regularly go down the west coast from BC to CA & AZ but the only Tredit location in the west is located in Oregon but not on the northsouth I5 interstate route which I take.

wdk450

Does anyone know whether these dustcaps are available from any other source? I regularly go down the west coast from BC to CA & AZ but the only Tredit location in the west is located in Oregon but not on the northsouth I5 interstate route which I take.

Duramax1: I think the best idea for you is to phone Tredit in Elkhart at the phone number on the left side of the Portal page, and have them mail it to you.

Duramax1

Thanks for your reply. I talked to Heartland which has them in stock and is prepared to sell one to me for approximately $5.00. The frustration though is that Heartland does not mail they use UPS and the minimum charge to British Columbia is approximately $35.00. So I am looking for a source either on my route south or a firm that will mail, rather than courier the part to me. I have not actually talked to Tredit as I thought that they would probably use UPS as well but perhaps I should phone them to see if they will mail one to me.