Slide opens when putting hyd landing gear down

jimmiemh

We dropped the fiver off today to get some warrantee work done and had to add to our list. After unhooking from the tv, I noticed the bedroom slide out a little less than a foot. First thought - I drove with the slide out, but no - I just bought gas and would have noticed that. I run the landing gear up and the slide goes out, run the gear down and the slide stays out. The fiver was moved to their yard and now when I put the jacks down, the slide may move a quarter inch and that's it. This is on a 2013 Big Country that to say my dw and I are very disappointed with so far. We used it on about five occasions now and have experienced more problems than I believe is normal - guess I will go to another thread for that - anyways, anyone have problems like this with their slide / landing gear? The tech said it was a new one to him. :confused:

danemayer

Hi jimmiemh,

It's not all that common but a few people have run into this. Each hydraulically operated component is driven by the same pump. A valve opens to allow fluid to extend or retract the component. The valve that controls the slide is not closing completely and probably needs to be replaced.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yepuhuh

I had the same problem and the dealer fixed it by cleaning out the lines as far as I know. Also, you can control it from the valves in which is how I do it now. There are typically two black knobs on the valves. One is for the Driver side Slide, the other the passenger side slide. When I take in these slides, I turn those black knobs clockwise to close and close both of them , then the gear does not have any interference.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
jimmiemh,
As Dan said, the problem has to be fluid passing through a valve when it shouldn't be. Whether it's a faulty valve or a tiny piece of debris that's caught in the valve the fix should be pretty quick. Annoying? Heck yes! A major problem? Not likely
I'm sure the issues you've had are frustrating to say the least. Some experience more and some fewer but try to stay optimistic about the great times ahead when the issues are handled!

Last edited: