Floor of storage compartment

Dylan

Has anyone had to fix the floor of their storage comp, the one at the top of the steps as you go to the bedroom, ours is 3670RL, 2009.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you talking about the in floor laundry box? What is the problem you are having?

Peace
Dave

Dylan

yes,that's the one. The floor to it is falling out, and it looks like it was held on only by brads, not screwed on ( shocker, everything is cheap). The trick is to pull the floor up, and I think I'm going to use L brackets to secure it, instead of going thru the whole process of removing the basement wall in order to get under it. Make sense?

Garypowell

Yes on my last rig. And you are right it is just "shot together". So I added some 2 by2's for extra bracing and shot it back together again. You have to take down the basement wall.

We use the box for the vacuum stuff and the exta TP and paper towels. I just overfilled it.

Dylan

Fixed it. Best way, instead of going thru the whole ordeal of removing the wall underneath, was to put a strap underneath the flooring, lift it up, and reinforce with L brackets....the the flat strap pulled right out....worked like a charm.