Lights for awning

Want to put rope light on our 18' power awning. The kits come with a track to slide slot in awning and mount rope light. Would it be OK to roll awning up with rope light when a storm comes up? I'm sure one would need to take them down to travel. We need a ladder to attach the light to awning. How do you hang your lights and when do you take them down? Thanks, Milton

Bobby A

I have seen people do it in emergency purposes only, I would suggest to not get in a habit of doing it, for one, the awning won't close tight and also a possibility of tearing the fabric. Hope this helps,

Thanks for your reply, Bobby. After doing more research on here and other forums, I have seen where people mount them on travel trailer just below the awning. This may be a better way just have to be sure that they are attached good for traveling.

porthole

Retired
We have had the rope light in the track on the roller for 4 years now (electric awning).

When I plug in the light strip to the power wire I don't use the lock nut. This way if I need to roll up the awning in a hurry, a quick pull disconnects the lights.

Have had no issues doing it this way.

sjs731

I had the rope lights before I went to LEDs and the power awning would not roll up with the rope lights in the track.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk