Mor-Ryde Question

Theresau

I spoke with the Mor-Ryde rep at the Goshen rally. He indicated that if we had a Mor-Ryde installed that the current distance between the pin and the ground would remain the same with the Mor-Ryde.

Our truck and new BC are level now, we don't want to upset this.... This is the reason we've held off to date. However, we did experience quite a bit of chucking coming home from the rally today so we're now interested in the Mor-Ryde again.

For those that have Mor-Ryde do you agree with the rep's perspective/statement?

(Already had the TrailAir TriGlide in our BH - not interested in that again...and Joe did speak with Lippert about the Roto-Flex and they pretty much discouraged him as they said that it was limited. Also, it's only made for Lippert pin boxes and we have a Leland 7921 on the BC.)

Theresa

ncc1701e

I dropped the old pin box off and installed the new pin box on in about an hour. In fact moved it from the Sundance it was on to the new Sundance when we traded in December last year. Never had to adjust a darn thing. As for the chucking, I would say it smoothed out about 90% or 95% of the chucking. Only advice I would have is have an extra pair of hands handy to help hold in place until you get the bolts in. It is a little heavy to do alone.

porthole

Retired
I spoke with the Mor-Ryde rep at the Goshen rally. He indicated that if we had a Mor-Ryde installed that the current distance between the pin and the ground would remain the same with the Mor-Ryde.

That would be correct. Providing it was mounted in the correct holes.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Install it in the same holes and you will be fine. I second the motion on an extra set of hands. Get it from "Tweeties" in Texas....good price and free shipping.

Theresau

Thank you all - it really helped us - we just kept wavering because the profile looks big. We also weren't going to purchase if we didn't need it but the return home from the rally said yes we do....

We ordered via eBay today - was able to get for $463 plus $30 shipping. eBay gave us a 10% off coupon. Merchant was asking $515 which was a good price to start. (First I've seen eBay give out coupons...the description stated the discount was available - I then contacted eBay who gave me the promo code - discount was provided by eBay not the seller.)

We spoke with the seller directly and he had the type we needed in stock (Leland 7921 long pin and 14,000-18000). He has sold over 5,000 items and has a 99.7% positive feedback. And the transaction is guaranteed by eBay.

Regards,
Theresa

dalspot

Install it in the same holes and you will be fine. I second the motion on an extra set of hands. Get it from "Tweeties" in Texas....good price and free shipping.

We did just that... ordered online from Tweetys and our venture into the world of MorRyde has been anything but smooth. For starters, I got a call from the trucking company (as expected) for delivery of the pin box... "We have a delivery for you of 10 lbs from Order Fulfillment in GA" 10 pounds, I asked?? I was expecting the call, but for a 140ish lb package! "Well, sometimes they make mistakes on the weight". When the item arrived, it was NOT my pin box, but a power inverter! We had arranged with our son to come over and help install the pinbox prior to a weekend trip. I called Tweetys just about as they were closing and after also talking with the delivery company, I found out they had shipped my pin box to some guy in OH by mistake. The inverter that arrived was supposed to have also gone somewhere else.

A week later, it was however all straightened out and the neighbor helped with the install prior to the VA Rally. Left last Saturday headed to Goshen happy with the new ride. Then yesterday, on the way home, every stop and start resulted in a slamming of the ends of the pin box metal to metal. Got home and called MorRyde - they are sending a new spring out. We had had our rig weighed at Goshen, told them the exact weight, and confirmed that we (I) had ordered the right one. They are suspecting a bad spring. I am hoping they are right.

On the original question - we were within 1/4" of the same height as the original pinbox - using the same holes for mounting.

Karen

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Tom & Karen, since I am still here at MOR/ryde I'll try and snap a pic tonight of what the pin boxes look like apart.

Theresau

We'd like to see that too. Do me a favor and ask what the difference is between a Leland 7921 and a Lippert 1621 HD (if you get a chance). Long story here...

Tom & Karen, since I am still here at MOR/ryde I'll try and snap a pic tonight of what the pin boxes look like apart.

Vtxkid

I am getting ready to order one, so seeing pics of the internal workings would be nice here too...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

porthole

Retired
I forgot to use the phone for the pics, so it will have to wait until I download the pics. Maybe later today.

porthole

Retired
Simple explanation.
Bottom plate you see that is bolted on with the 2 in front 2 in back bolts, that plate has the rubber spring attached in the center with 4 bolts.

Topside of spring attached to upper pin box with 4 more bolts.

The 4 big bolts attach to steel pins that keep top and bottom together if there were to be a spring failure.

The pin box allows approximately 2" of inches fore and aft travel (4" total) and about half that side to side.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have had a Mor-Ryde pinbox for over 5 years now and still love it. The only issue is the black paint (powder coated?) seems to flake off around some of the edges. Have repainted it several times.

porthole

Retired
Jerry, the pin box is action is almost unnoticed - until you bolt on a standard box.

The pin box is one of my 5 "must haves" for any future trailers.

And I have the same powder coat issue Jim has. That may be related to some flex in the bottom plate. The powder coat seems ok.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Jim, at the MOR/ryde tour we saw parts being PC'd. One or two parts may have had a rattle can touch up during inspection :-0

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jim, at the MOR/ryde tour we saw parts being PC'd. One or two parts may have had a rattle can touch up during inspection :-0

Mor-Ryde even replaced our pinbox once to address the flaking issue but the new one does the same thing so I just figured I would live with it.

Theresau

For anyone that reads the original part of this thread - our BC does not have a Leland 7921 pinbox. It has a Lippert 1621 HD.

The serial # must be 7921 which led us to believe it was a Leland - that's the # hub could see.... (We never had a standard pin box before...)

He took off the cover in prep of the ordered Mor-Ryde and found the Lippert 1621 HD stated.

Led to quite an issue because we ordered the wrong Mor-Ryde pin box. Seller has stopped the delivery and will send the correct pin box tomorrow. However, we will incur add'l delivery charges. (It WAS a great deal at $463...not sure what the delivery charges will be.)

Thank goodness it was discovered prior to being delivered - we would have had to pay return shipping charges as well.

I contacted Mor-Ryde there was a contingency possibility as we could have replaced the "top" but that would have cost $299....

Here's hoping all goes well from here.

Theresa