Very Disappointed

txdds

We just spent close to $3,000 getting new seals for the slides and the roof resealed, plus other things. The cost isn't the problem. We have a leak in the back wall of our 2009 Big Country 3500RL. Can't believe something made in 2009 would fall apart this fast! Only one side of the wall by the back window. The wallpaper inside the upper cabinets has NOT bubbled .....the problem is only right where the top of the window starts...down to the floor. I figured it wasn't coming from the roof sealing that we JUST paid for . We are in a campground in San Antonio with a blue tarp over the back window area. I'm sure we look like "trailer trash" The wall is mush and I can poke my fingers though it. Don't have clue how to find the leak without ripping the whole wall apart. I can't take the trailer into a shop right now because we are living in the RV until our new house closes...about 18 more day. Praying that San Antonio doesn't get anymore rain for 18 days. Just bought a new 60K truck to pull this RV with, now I'm wondering if it's all worth it.

HappyKayakers

You might consider starting here: http://www.rvleaks.com/index.htm A lot of people swear by this process but it's not foolproof. I think a lot depends on the experience of the individual technician. I took my BH to a dealer in north TX back in 2006. Next rainstorm I still had the leak. Called a mobile tech who looked like he'd been around the block a few times. He went up to the roof and found the weak point in about 10 minutes. No problems since.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We had a leak like yours. It was the window frame where it met the outside wall. Look at the frame and see if it is away from the wall. If it is, clean all the claulking off and reseal it across the top and down the sides....stopping just as the window frame makes the turn at the bottom. This fixed our leak.

txdds

Well, we caulked all around the back window, lights, side seams and top seams. I thought the problem might be fixed. Much needed rain for San Antonio but not for us.....it's still wet. Errrr....I should figure out how to post a picture. Bob, I just re-read your post...you stated stop just before the window frame makes the turn at the bottom. I think hubby stopped less than half way down. I thought I read on another post NOT to come all the way down the window???? It wasn't as wet this time, so maybe we just need to finish the job right. All the way down the sides ????? Joe, I'm just getting ready to read your link. Thanks everyone for the help. I'll have to let it dry out for a few days and then do another rain dance.

txdds

Wow, Joe...did you take your RV in 2006 to a dealer with this machine? You said it wasn't fool proof and yours was not fixed the first time...just wondering. I watched the video and looks like a great idea. Not sure how much a dealer would charge to check out our rig but looks very promising. Going to call the closest dealer and talk to them. Thanks for posting.

HappyKayakers

Wow, Joe...did you take your RV in 2006 to a dealer with this machine? You said it wasn't fool proof and yours was not fixed the first time...just wondering. I watched the video and looks like a great idea. Not sure how much a dealer would charge to check out our rig but looks very promising. Going to call the closest dealer and talk to them. Thanks for posting.
I took it to a dealer in Lubbock TX as HL authorized warranty work. When it still leaked during the next rainstorm, HL authorized the on-site service which fixed the problem.