ATF: Bighorn - Lug Nut Torque Setting

desertden

I cannot locate the literature which told me what torque wrench setting to use on the lug nuts for my 3055RL. If my memory has not failed me completely, it is 150 ft-lbs, but if anyone can confirm or correct, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,
desertden

danemayer

My copy of the Heartland manual says "*Tighten wheel bolts or nuts every 50 miles for the first 200 miles & after every change in wheel mounting. (Torque to 120-125 ft.-lbs.) Adjust brakes after first 200 miles then at above listed intervals"

desertden

I cannot find my Heartland Manual, so I will contact Customer Service to see if it is possible to get another one.

Thanks!

MTPockets

My copy of the Heartland manual says "*Tighten wheel bolts or nuts every 50 miles for the first 200 miles & after every change in wheel mounting. (Torque to 120-125 ft.-lbs.) Adjust brakes after first 200 miles then at above listed intervals"
This is correct - right from the manual and is what I use.

evolvingpowercat

Very important to put a torque wrench set to 125 in your tow vehicle with the trailer lug nut socket on it and check the trailer lug nuts at least daily when traveling. On my Edge there will generally be at least 1 nut on one wheel that is slightly below torque when I check them after a days worth of towing.

Not sure why the lug nuts on my SUV wheels never get loose but the ones on my RV wheels do start to work slightly loose over time, but there have been many other threads reporting the same thing happening to others too.

desertden

Very important to put a torque wrench set to 125 in your tow vehicle with the trailer lug nut socket on it and check the trailer lug nuts at least daily when traveling. On my Edge there will generally be at least 1 nut on one wheel that is slightly below torque when I check them after a days worth of towing.

Not sure why the lug nuts on my SUV wheels never get loose but the ones on my RV wheels do start to work slightly loose over time, but there have been many other threads reporting the same thing happening to others too.

I have a torque wrench, socket and extension that is always in the tool box stowed in the front compartment of my 5th wheel. I have checked the lug nuts for proper torque as recommended, but just suffered a brain fart and forgot the setting. I have it now. As I will be mounting brand new tires next week I needed to be reminded of the torque setting. I appreciate everyone's comments on this post.