Ice maker in fridge.

mallard29s

Does the ice maker work in 2011 Country Ridge while only using the storage tank instead of city water connection? We have not yet set our unit up at camp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wdk450

I believe that in regards to water supply the icemaker will work with pressure from the pump switch left on (you never know when it needs water pressure for a new ice tray), or city water pressure - the plumbing is common. However, there MUST be a source of 110 Volt AC power (shore power or generator) for it to work.

danemayer

Hi mallard29s,

The output of the water pump is teed into the water lines near the city water inlet. That lets either water source supply water to the various plumbing fixtures. The icemaker water line shouldn't be any different.

mallard29s

Thanks! We will be putting it on our permanent site, but we are not allowed to be hooked to the water supply. Fill the tank and use the pump. I am glad to hear it uses common pressure from the water lines.

wdk450

Mallard:
I hope it works well for you. After multiple leaks in the water supply line where it flexes with the slide, and a desire to have more freezer space, I took out the ice tub and turned it off. I went that way for a couple of years until this long 4000 mile trip, and bought a "countertop" portable icemaker for about $150. It sits on the floor, makes a small load of ice every 12 minutes. The last 2 hot travelling days I have stopped about an hour's short of my destination, went back to the trailer, turned on my inverter system, and started the icemaker. I had ready ice when I got to my destination to help keep me cool during setup.

4ever

I am sure it will work however, I would not use it. Had an ice maker in the last rig and had three separate water leaks. All were in the hose that goes to the ice maker. Sure caused a lot of problems. First thing I did with my new rig was to shut off the ice maker water line.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
After several years, I've discovered another leak in the ice maker supply line. It's been bone dry for a long time but yesterday I noticed the leak. My previous repair included rerouting the line and insulating it from rubbing on anything. I found that on this situation, the tube was actually rubbing on itself in the loop that I had made. I took out the loop. As soon as time permits, I'll do as someone suggested a long time ago and replace the entire fill line with a braided stainless one.

mallard29s

Well, I'm hoping that we don't have these issues. Ours will not be moved once it is on site, and the refrigerator is not on the slide out side of the trailer.

danemayer

Well, I'm hoping that we don't have these issues. Ours will not be moved once it is on site, and the refrigerator is not on the slide out side of the trailer.

mallard29s,

On a Park Model, I'd expect it to be about the same as having a water line to the icemaker in your refrigerator at home. In a vehicle that's towed, especially where the water line moves with the slideout, there's a lot more stress on the line.