Gets the Bugs OFF.

JanAndBill

Don't often comment on products but I've been using Krud Kutter for a few months now, and found it to be great at all types of cleaning. http://www.krudkutter.com/index.php?option=com_products&task=product&pid=4&Itemid=62 After our trip in May we had accumulated a lot of bugs on the front of the truck and the front cap of the trailer. Out of curiosity I sprayed the front of the truck first with KK and let it set for about 5 mins. The stuck on bugs melted off with a swipe of the brush. Encourged, I tried a test spot on the front cap. Same thing. Instead of scrubbing and cussing while up on a ladder, it was a simple matter to spray it on let sit, then hit with the RV brush and rinse. I've used it to clean the crud off baked on BBQ grills with the same good results. Still finding ways to use this product.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Interesting! I'll have to give it a try.
I recently coated our front cap with an Armor All Product called Extreme Shield Wax. It seems to work pretty good. I didn't have to use as much effort to remove the bugs and the shine stayed put.

TXTiger

When the front fairing on my Harley gets bugs I just take a clean towel, soak it, and let it sit on the fairing for about 15 min and the dried up bugs soak up all the moisture and wash right off without anything but soap. Haven't tried this on the front cap of the Cyclone yet but when I get home from this summer trip I plan on doing so. Hope it works. A good layer of wax before leaving also helps.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A couple of days ago, I finally cleaned the accumulated carnage on the front cap from the round trip to the rally. Used a soft bristle brush with a 50/50 mix of Totally Awesome soap. Sprayed it on an area, let it sit a minute or two, scrubbed and rinsed. Worked pretty good. Then I washed again with another soft brush and a dilute Dawn mix, followed with a hand waxing.

ParkIt

Still have cans of Bug and Tar Remover from the MH...that thing had city bus size windows on it, the area I used to go to most often had huge bugs in 100º heat so it was like baked on. I wonder if that stuff would still work on the cap, kind of a scary thought it would still be good this long.

Not sure but if I have to I'll resort back to Crest toothpaste (plain ol' Crest) and citrus soap. A good paste of that smeared on with my Grandpa's still awesome trailer brush gets them off, e-z bake or the mad splatter doesn't stand a chance.

I'm cheap. Does it show? ;)

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
A good coat of wax is the easiest way to get the bugs off but the best remover I've ever seen is a product called Streak-X. Just spray it on and watch the bugs slide right off. Works well on black streaks too.

donr827

One of the steps I do every time we set up at a cg is to wash the bugs off the front cap. All I use is just water and a scrub brush. First thing I do is wet them down to soften them up.
Don

gpshemi

Dryer sheets. Don't ask me why or how it works, but I'll never use anything else after trying it.
Hose it down and they just wipe off using those. Go figure...

ParkIt

Dryer sheets. Don't ask me why or how it works, but I'll never use anything else after trying it.
Hose it down and they just wipe off using those. Go figure...
A friend uses the same thing to clean the bathtub (fiberglass). Not sure what is in them that makes them work so well but you can bet someone is going to market them as cleaning sheets. Time to google it and find out why they work so well on gel coat/fiberglass so well.

Gas20

I just picked up some Krud litter today at Lowes, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I have a lodge brother that has been in the paint and body business for a long time. He tells me to beware of using things like Dawn and grease cutters. He says that they do to good a job and after long term use will beak down your clear coats and paints becaus they have oils in them. He told me the best thing for bugs is to keep your vehicles waxed and wash them off as soon as you can and not let the bugs bake in the sun.

JanAndBill

I have a lodge brother that has been in the paint and body business for a long time. He tells me to beware of using things like Dawn and grease cutters. He says that they do to good a job and after long term use will beak down your clear coats and paints becaus they have oils in them. He told me the best thing for bugs is to keep your vehicles waxed and wash them off as soon as you can and not let the bugs bake in the sun.

A lot of the bug and tar removal products in the automotive section contain petroleum products. Krud Kutter does not, nor does it contain bleach or ammonia. As with any cleaning product on an automotive finish you should always be careful, and keep a good coat of wax on it.