My BC 3450ts mods

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well the mod bug finally got the best of me today after reading over Jim B's mod thread for his old key largo. I had already had the winegard directv swm dish installed at CW but after looking at his thread I got inspired. Today I installed a piano hinge and locking hasp closures on the basement access panel. Also while at lowes buying hardware we took a look at the tile backsplash options and also measured for the rev-a-shelf as she fell in love with that idea as well for the pantry/closet in the hallway/stairway. I am also planning on several other mods that Jim and others have done such as the lexan on the screen door and motion smart light and the pipe insulation on the pex in the basement. I will also take pics of the major changes to share like those who have done them before. Thanks again to everyone for the inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It's addicting! Seems like we are always fixing, adding or improving. Going to add a shelf in the medicine cabinet at some point, so my makeup and such isn't a mess all over the bottom shelf. Did some re-caulking and spray-foam this weekend. Upgraded to Ground Control leveling in Goshen, which necessitated a new switch install and weather-proof cover this weekend. Replaced our lost vent flap (3rd time).

It seems to be a good idea to enjoy "projects" when you own an RV. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

You just inspired me! I have done a lot of mods in the basement and have to remove the panels each time. I have seen others who put "ports" in.....but not big enough to get the access I want/need. Never thought of putting them on a hinge and swing them out of the way and "pin" them to the ceiling...interesting picture forming in my mind.

It will probably only work on the UDC side as the other side I have already modified so much it would be difficult to swing....and most that I want is by the UDC....hmmm.

And no matter what you do you have to remove stuff from the basement anyway......

Now you got me thinking about a bi-fold.....so not as much would have to be removed. I would want it to still be solid so things would not move backwards too much or I'd put in a Venetian Blind.

Thanks again!

Theresau

We installed the Smart Light this weekend. Got a black one through Amazon - looks really nice and works!!! After I saw it on the BH had to have it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You just inspired me! I have done a lot of mods in the basement and have to remove the panels each time. I have seen others who put "ports" in.....but not big enough to get the access I want/need. Never thought of putting them on a hinge and swing them out of the way and "pin" them to the ceiling...interesting picture forming in my mind.

It will probably only work on the UDC side as the other side I have already modified so much it would be difficult to swing....and most that I want is by the UDC....hmmm.

And no matter what you do you have to remove stuff from the basement anyway......

Now you got me thinking about a bi-fold.....so not as much would have to be removed. I would want it to still be solid so things would not move backwards too much or I'd put in a Venetian Blind.

Thanks again!

I put large ports on both sides of my basement, more for inspection than access, but if you are going to do a hinged bifold access, consider using barrel bolts at the top and bottom, possibly set into threaded inserts larger than the bolts to keep them secured.