Introduction – New Kentucky Chapter and Chapter Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Congratulations Kentucky - you are now an official chapter of the Heartland Owners Club! The boundaries of this chapter are the entire state of Kentucky in the Southeast Region.

Welcome with me, your Chapter Leaders Dale and Michelle Heuer (mntnman). Dale and Michelle are experienced Chapter Leaders as they were the South Carolina Chapter Leaders before they moved to Kentucky.

Shortly, I will be changing the home Chapter of all HOC members with a Kentucky address to the new Kentucky Chapter. If you have an Kentucky address and would like to remain with your current home Chapter, please let me know.

Any Heartland Owners Club member may chose Kentucky as their Club Chapter if they feel it would be more convenient for them than their current Club Chapter. Use this link to go to your membership profile and choose your new chapter from the drop down list.

Thank you, Dale and Michelle, for accepting the leadership of this of this new chapter. We look forward to your first rally.

Julie Hancock
Manager, Heartland Owners Club

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations Dale and Michelle. Let us know if we can help out in any way.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Woo Hoo Kentucky! And thank you and Congratulations Dale and Michelle!

Rod Ditrich

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
A NEW Chapter with an experienced leadership team! Congratulations Michelle and Dale, can't wait to rally in Kentucky.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
The great news is that the first official Kentucky Rally is in Hilton Head!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Kentucky chapter has left the hands of terrific leaders (Nathan & Byrd) to the hands of NEW "seasoned" leaders!

Congrats D&M and Kentucky......y'all are gonna love Dale & Michelle!!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Dale & Michelle, Congratulations. From the beaches of South Carolina to the hills of Kentucky. What a change.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Thanks for the welcome, Michelle and I are looking forward to finding new places in Kentucky to camp. If you have any sugestions for locations for a rally let us know.

jbeletti

Welcome back to Chapter Leadership Dale and Michelle!

You asked for suggestions so here's one: "A Bourbon Trail History Rally". One does not need to have a taste for the product to have a love for its history. I stayed at White Acres Campground in Bardstown, KY when visiting "the trail". There are wineries in the area too.

Another suggestion is "A Horse Racing History Rally". I've stayed at the Kentucky Horsepark Campground (W/E only) in Lexington. There's a small tour at the track next door and one can take a "Horse Farm" tour. We did that once. A private van picked us up and took us to several horse farms and a quaint place for lunch.

Another suggestion if there are any decent campgrounds in the area is to see if Bel Brands will do a tour or their current Mini Baby Bel cheese plant in Leitchfield.

Whatever you do, we are hoping timing fits for us as we're so close :)

kkamshop

Land Between the Lakes, preferably during the big quilt show in Paducah... that way I could get Ken to take me there!

Looking forward to a Kentucky rally!

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Dale and Michelle
Congratulations on becoming the Kentucky Chapter leaders. I am sure you will bring you experience and Kentucky members will be the winners.
Safe Tavels
Wayne

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Congrats Dale and Michelle!
We sure are looking forward to a Kentucky rally and would second the vote for a Bourbon Trail History Rally.

ncc1701e

A couple possibilities for first KY rally.

1. Bowling Green KOA: very large nice KOA park; local attractions - Corvette Museum, Corvette Factory (tours possible), Mammoth Cave National Park, Railroad Museum, Camping World (store 2 miles), plenty of shopping and restaurants available.

2. Hillman Ferry LBL (COE Park): very large and beautiful campground; local attractions - Patti's 1880 Settlement, hiking trails, bike trails, fishing & other water activities, bison range, Paducah (26 miles) - spring international quilt show, museum always open, shopping, restaurants.

3. Whispering Hills RV Park, Georgetown KY: fairly new park, nice sites, easy location to access; local attractions - Georgetown, Lexington (10 miles)

4. Renfro Valley: two parks, KOA and Renfro Valley (both are nice parks); Renfro Valley has several nice attractions, Renfro Valley Park is walking distance to small country village with live shows, shopping, dinning. Brea just up the road offers many nice local area attractions.

I've camped at each of these parks and all would be a good place for our first KY rally.

jjwink

Congratulations from your neighbors to the south - TN. We frequently camp in KY with another club. Hillman Ferry and Canal are great parks we go to every year. Kentucky Horse Park is also high on our list, great park, huge sites
and lots to do- Burbon Tral tours as well as horse farm tours. We have also camped at Columbus Belmont State park with our club.

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Thanks for the information, we would like to have horse farm and bourbon trail as things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.