CheapHeat

Rickhansen

Yes, there have been some posts about this product in the past in our forums, although I haven't heard of anyone actually using the product and what their experience was. It does look like an interesting concept, but the other reality is that most folks in the wintertime are either on metered sites or already paying the higher site rate that includes electric. As I recall, there were a good many unanswered questions raised on the clearance issues as pointed out on the website, and a lack of information on the electrical requirements and BTU's produced. Other than the "set it and forget it" convenience, there is probably no cost difference than using a couple electric heaters.

I hope someone has one installed and will chime in.

wdk450

For $200, this sounds like a nice addition Heartland could make to their cold weather packages.
I would wonder about possibly being limited to 50 amp services, though. Not all RV parks have those.

danemayer

For $200, this sounds like a nice addition Heartland could make to their cold weather packages.

I think the $195 model is for very small trailers only. The ducted version that matches the furnaces in most Heartland "4 season" trailers sells for $495.

jbeletti

RVsForLess in Knoxville has done some retro-fits in some new DRVs and new Landmarks. Labor has been in the 4 to 8 hour range. If these can be added at OEM level - now that would be cool.

mobilcastle

My stand alone heaters work well. $495 plus labor is much more costly but would be very convenient. I think you guys should go for it and report back.

FiremanBill

The electric fireplace option in the (my) Cyclone and other models work really well too! On our first trip back in the spring it got really chilly at night, down into the 40's, and the "fireplace" kept the whole trailer nice and warm.

jbbdc

RVsForLess in Knoxville has done some retro-fits in some new DRVs and new Landmarks. Labor has been in the 4 to 8 hour range. If these can be added at OEM level - now that would be cool.

RVsForLess charges around $1495.00 for the complete installation, if I remember their quote correctly. Not sure they adjust the price downward if it only takes 4 hours but that's something I'll be checking on.

jbeletti

RVsForLess charges around $1495.00 for the complete installation, if I remember their quote correctly. Not sure they adjust the price downward if it only takes 4 hours but that's something I'll be checking on.

The Landmark take more than 4 hours. On some RVs, the furnace is more easily accessible and the room around the furnace more spacious. In those cases, I hear the jobs can be done faster. The Landmark is NOT one of those. In many cases, the furnace is behind the water heater. Tough to work around and little room to work in.