EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IN, Shipshewana - 5/8/2014 to 5/11/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
What a great potluck dinner tonight.. Dan and I provided hot dogs and buns and everyone brought something to add to it.. Lots of good stuff, afterwards a nice big campfire and of course Hoyt's popcorn made with Duck Fat. What a treat... This is a rally that one should not miss, just too much FUN!! and this is just the pre-rally..

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm feelin pretty bummed out right now.
Two of my favorites, hot dogs and popcorn.

Peace
Dave

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Another wonderful day.. Temp in 80's and a few more rigs showed up.. Risen Rolls again with coffee, then I went with a couple of ladies to shop some more. We had lunch out and then came back to rig. Jim and Donna Hiebeck's MODEL 'A' club were in the area for lunch and came to the campground. How cool it was to see all the Old cars.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hoyt and Mary, thanks for putting on a great rally.
You did an excellent job.
Thank you.

Peace
Dave

kkamshop

Safely home and unpacked! This was a wonderful weekend with friends old and new - no one would ever guess it was your first rally as chapter leaders Hoyt & Mary!! You two are first class all the way!!!

jpdoggett

What a great rally Hoyt and Mary did a great job we had a lot of fun and it was so good to see old friends and meet new ones

jbeletti

Well, the rally hold-overs had our traditional after-rally potluck tonight. Nice meal, followed by a campfire with 8 or so remaining couples. Most are leaving tomorrow (Monday) and a few of us are staying over Monday night and may get together and do something Monday.

Hoyt and Mary - I know you felt the pressure of planning and executing your first rally. You did an amazing job. And it will get easier going forward. Just don't try to top yourself.

Thanks to all 30 couples who attended the Indiana rally. Hope you had as much fun as we did.

Thanks also to North and South Central Region Directors, Coffman and Halvorsen. Your guidance and help during the rally surely was one of the ingredients of this weekend's success.

Travel safe y'all!

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Thank you for the great rally Hoyt and Mary! Delicious food, new and old friends...what more do you need!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hoyt and Mary,
What a great job you did this year for your first rally. I had a great time and I know others did also. Thanks for a great weekend. See you down the road.

Mark

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
We want to thank all of you for the Support and help during the Rally. What a great time! Hanging out with great friends and making new ones as well. We wouldn't have been able to do what we did with out all of your help and participation! Thanks to the park for the convenient accommodations, support they provided not only for the chili cook off, and the auction, but all the club members needs as well. Hope to see you all somewhere sometime soon!

Kbvols

Hoyt and Mary,
Awesome Rally. Thank you both for a great weekend! In case anyone is wondering little Miss Sewiepiggy survived the ride home and can't wait until the next rally. ;)

eka217

Thanks Hoyt and Mary for all your hard work. Your first rally was a huge success. Also thanks to all of our new friends we met that made our first Midwest / IN rally the great time we had. Ed & Kathe Anhalt

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations Hoyt and Mary on a successful rally. Wish we could have been there but another rally had our attention. Hope to see ya'll soon.

MaryandSteve

Thanks Everyone it was an awesome time. Yes Nabo Your TN Rally was the very first one we ever attended. Would love to have you come to one of the IN rallies. We were wishing we could have come to yours as you and a bunch of the people that were at your rally were at the very first one we were to. Haven't seen some of them since. We do appreciate all your help in the planning stages, Byrd. Hope to see you all soon.

MaryandSteve

We sure are hoping the sewiepiggy shows up again at one of the Rallies! Couldn't have found a better home for it if we'ed tried. Soo Fun!
Hoyt and Mary,
Awesome Rally. Thank you both for a great weekend! In case anyone is wondering little Miss Sewiepiggy survived the ride home and can't wait until the next rally. ;)

bacaye

Hoyt and Mary..Congrats on a wonderful rally!! Bill and I want to thank you for all the extra touches you added to make everything so special. We had a wonderful time and added several new friends. Can't wait for the.next Indiana Rally and hope to see both of you soon. Safe travels!!! Bill and Barb

jbeletti

Real Texas Chili Recipe

Some have asked me for the recipe for the chili I made during the Indiana rally. Well, I'm not much of a chili maker, more of a chili eater :)

Somehow, this chili took first place. Maybe it was because I used smoked beef chuck, maybe it was the heat - this chili is spicy. Regardless, that night, I wrote down what I used and how I made it.

I've put the recipe on my blog. Below is a link to the recipe. Scroll to the bottom of the recipe and click on the red PDF image to download a nicely formatted version that will print and save well.

RECIPE LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.