Need Feedback from 29RKSA owners (Past and Present) Please.

sjturbo

I have been researching 5ver's for some time now trying to determine the best fit for us. We are getting to the point where we would like to spend more time on the road so I need to make a decision on which one. Which leads me to my question. We have both liked the Elk Ridge 29RKSA but have some reservations regarding the dreaded "Rear Kitchen" issue. So I am hoping I can get some objective inputs based on experience from you all. Also any other opinions on the general floor plan or anything else regarding the 29RKSA will be appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We love our ElkRidge! Not a rear kitchen, but I can tell you we toured the factory and looked at the ElkRidges under construction. We were impressed. Heartland is using a similar cabinet stain and countertops as the Landmark, so they have a very elegant feel.

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

have some reservations regarding the dreaded "Rear Kitchen" issue.
Not specifically about the Elk Ridge 29RKSA, but people I have heard talk about items stored in rear kitchens getting a lot of bounce because the back of trailers get a lot of motion.

I keep a lot of electronics, meds, spare batteries and fuses, and a few tools in the back of our unit but I have it all in containers or cushioned so it's not all bounced around and jumbled up. Haven't had any problems. Even though our kitchen is mid-living area, DW keeps everything restrained in one way or another so it's not all bouncing around (it's amazing what you can do with cardboard boxes, contact paper, and velcro straps. I would think you'd have to do the same on a rear kitchen.

Sandie

We have had 2 travel trailers with rear kitchens and I loved them. No problems at all...like you said, it's all on the way you pack things.

BCBoy

We have a 29RKSA and have not had any any problems to date at all. Rides nice and smooth I think. One of our previous 5th wheels was a rear kitchen and did suffer a lot of bounce (and broken dishes). I installed shock absorbers to both axles and that solved the bounce problem.