ATF: Trail Runner - 32ODK - Grey Tanks

We are new owners of a Trail Runner 32ODK. There are two grey tanks on our coach (with separate dump valves) - we have a forward valve that is grey 1 / black water, and a valve towards the rear that is just grey 2.

When looking online at specs we see a listed grey water capacity of 51 gallons, nowhere does it say how big each of the respective tanks are - nor can we figure out what empties into each tank.

After our last trip we noticed very little emptied from the 2nd grey tank which peeked my curiosity even more. I have half a mind to think this 2nd grey tank is only for the outside kitchen?

Thanks for your help.

Jason

danemayer

Re: ATF: North Country - TrailRunner 32ODK - Grey Tanks

Hi usulsuspct.

Congratulations on your new Trailrunner and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm not familiar with the Trailrunner layout, but I'm wondering why you think the forward valve is a combination of gray and black water. On most trailers, the black tank has its own valve and the gray is separate. Also, how do you know you have 2 gray tanks?

Redtrk

If your bathroom is in the front or close to it and you have a rear kitchen like mine a longer camper will have 2 grey tanks and one black. The extra valve is for the rear kitchen only.

danemayer

If your bathroom is in the front or close to it and you have a rear kitchen like mine a longer camper will have 2 grey tanks and one black. The extra valve is for the rear kitchen only.

Hi Redtrk,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for contributing.

Hi usulsuspct.

Congratulations on your new Trailrunner and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm not familiar with the Trailrunner layout, but I'm wondering why you think the forward valve is a combination of gray and black water. On most trailers, the black tank has its own valve and the gray is separate. Also, how do you know you have 2 gray tanks?

Thanks! I guess I wasn't very clear in my original post. The forward grey and black tanks share one coupler (individual tanks and valves.) There is then another coupler further back that has a single grey valve. It seems that the rear grey is just the outside kitchen - I would be interested in knowing the individual size of each grey tank.

Thanks to all that have offered input!

oldmannj

Thanks! I guess I wasn't very clear in my original post. The forward grey and black tanks share one coupler (individual tanks and valves.) There is then another coupler further back that has a single grey valve. It seems that the rear grey is just the outside kitchen - I would be interested in knowing the individual size of each grey tank.

Gather up the VIN # for your trailer and give Heartland customer service a call. Looking at the floorplan my guess would be outside kitchen and Bathroom Gray water on one and Kitchen gray water on the second gray tank. But that is just a guess. Heartland can give you the information you need and remove all the guess work. As well as the tank capacity. ED.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Sorry to be so late on this . . .

On our 2013 Trail Runner TR22RK, the tanks are set up the same way!

The forward grey tank is the bathroom sink and shower, the black tank the toilet.

The rear grey tank is the kitchen sink!

Of course . . . our 2013 Trail Runner TR22RK has the Rear Kitchen!

Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg