Main body paint on full body paint jobs?

wildwolfproducts

Anyone bought any paint for their campers? Our stove vent cover has broken off. The 2 little ears that hold it on broke? Not sure why it would break setting still in the yard,my wife flipped the little latches to use the camper to cook when the power was out. And did not latch them back.
So now I need to pick up a new part and guessing I will have to buy the whole thing. Thus paint the whole thing. Or can the door be replaced by its self?
Plans are to paint our old Ford truck to match the main color of the camper. But that will be next year, but would have extra paint then. As it will take 3 gallons to paint the truck, sleeper and sides of the bed. And have some left over.
My touchup paint has the code FA99:B2 on it. But that is just a Ford Code not the exact color code. Or what I find is not. Will be going to the local paint store for the 3 gallons. But figures I would just try and find a spray can to do this job with.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
The plastic ears on the flap are fragile. Mine has broken twice in less than three years.
This time I repaired mine by using aluminum tape to attach a straight piece of coat hanger cut to length along the top edge of the flap to subtitute for the plastic tabs.
Just remove the bottom screws on the outer flange and put it back in. Problem solved. Plus the tape really doesn't show. Much stronger than the original setup. Trace

jimtoo

If you have the flapper, remove the door assembly. I drilled 3-4 holes in flapper and used very small zip ties and reattached my door on the prior unit I had. Was still in place 3 years later. Just need to check the fit when putting it back together so that the tabs will lock it closed.

Jim M

Cyberdave

I replaced the flap several times on our old rig. Every time I'd forget to latch it, it would break. A little careful flexing and you can pop it right in. I don't even bother to unlatch it anymore.

Thought about getting one and trying to make it spring loaded... Light spring tension should keep it closed while travelling yet light enough to allow the fan to function.

happykraut

You might consider installing the new type vent made by B&B Molders. My 2014 Bighorn came with this new style vent. They have been tested up to 190mph winds. The factory says it is OK to travel with the vent open.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You might consider installing the new type vent made by B&B Molders. My 2014 Bighorn came with this new style vent. They have been tested up to 190mph winds. The factory says it is OK to travel with the vent open.

Bernie, unfortunately it is not a direct replacement. The hole for this new vent style is a different size, according to Heartland. I asked at Goshen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

brianharrison

Not sure if your Key Largo is tan or chocolate. My early model 2011 Grand Canyon is tan, and the main color is a Sikkens paint - code CHAO4-XWG. Not sure if this is specific to Precision painting coding or generic to Sikkens.

The paint code label is located just inside the door, inside of my control closet.

Where my vent is located, it has the base color and one of the strip colors.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Attachments

• DSC05004.jpg
    DSC05004.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC05005.jpg
    DSC05005.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC05006.jpg
    DSC05006.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 33