? About adding a 2nd gas tank on 2012 F250

CeeCee

We are looking to add another gas tank (preferably) under the truck. We really don't want to put one in the bed. We have a 2012 Ford F250 long bed truck. Has anyone added another tank & how difficult is it? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

ncc1701e

I swapped my standard 26gal out for a 50gal Titan tank. The titan uses all the same lines, sending units and such from the original Ford tank. After converting, all you really need to do is have the local Ford garage reprogram the computer for the larger tank and the computer will do a correct DTE calculation (pretty much). OH BTW, I'm driving a 2012 F250 CC.

Tom

pegmikef

I replaced the 26 gallon OEM tank with a transferflo 50 gallon tank on my 2011 F250. I had it done by my dealer and it cost about twelve hundred bucks. Worth every penny and they can update the computer on your truck to recognize the fifty gallons for the miles to empty display. Did not affect the warranty.

jnbhobe

What are you calling a saddle tank?? I have a combo tool box- tank 60gal in the bed. Now I have 100 gal total.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I had a custom built tank made for the bed. It is 20"X20"X20". It hold 34+ gallons and does not take up much room. I now have a 70 gallon set up.

CeeCee

Someone told me you could mount another tank alongside of the original tank & you could switch between tanks when one is empty. I really haven't looked into it yet except for posting on this website.

brianharrison

There is no room along side the existing tank on my 08 Ford. I would suspect the same with the newer ones. I posted a few pictures of my installation on this thread (Clicky for link).

The older light duty trucks (my 79 Ford F150, 460 engine) had two tanks run along each framerail with a switching valve. I am not aware on any new OEM light duty trucks that carry two tanks from factory.

Here is the titan web site.

Brian

CeeCee

Thanks for the info. A friend of mine said they put them on their work trucks. I will check it out.