Recommended Tire Brand

RichPal

I own a 2009 Bighorn 3055RL and it is in need of new tires. The DOT # is 04/08. What brand of tires do y'all recommend? I was looking toward the Goodyear Marathons.

Gaffer

Unlike Goodyear the G614 which is overkill for your rig, the Marathon is junk. Go to Discount Tire and get a set of the Maxxis RV tires. These are Asian tires but are very well built. Maxxis is known for their high quality off road tires. I am running them and would do it again. By the way, last time I checked, the Marathon is an import as well.

jimtoo

Hi RichPal,

I had a 3055,, 08 and put Michelin XPS 235-85R16 on. Run it for 4 years with no problem.

Jim M

dbbls59

I would definitely go with an LT tire. Michelin Ribs may be the best but I have had success with Goodrich Commercial TA. Probably any LT tire will be better than an ST.

TXTiger

I too recommend the Michelin XPS Ribs. Have put over 8,000 miles on mine from the west coast to the east coast and back and they still look new. Recommend you get a TPMS also if you don't already have one.

GOTTOYS

I would definitely go with an LT tire. Michelin Ribs may be the best but I have had success with Goodrich Commercial TA. Probably any LT tire will be better than an ST.
Don't waste your money on ST tires. Those that say not to use them have never tried them...Don