U1 code on dishwasher

Curt_Hinson

We tried the new dishwasher for the first time tonight. Kept getting a U1 code which says to "turn on the water supply, press {right arrow triangle}, then close the drawer to resume the wash program".

The problem is that I can't find anyplace to turn the water on. I have a red line coming from the kitchen sink and a black line from the kitchen sink drain. I thought the water was already activated when the dish washer was installed.

Need some suggestions please. We were going to leave tomorrow morning, but looks like that won't happen until some more items get fixed. Have a problem with the cabinet door containing the DVD and Satellite boxes falling down. I will post that in another place.

Curt

Garypowell

You have to start with the basics.

Does water come out when you open the kitchen faucet?

if it does and there is no valve from that supply line to dishwasher (have you looked behind it?) then you might have a defective inlet valve on the dishwasher itself. Do you hear a valve open when you turn on the dishwasher? Normally you can hear them "click".

You will probably have to call the manufacturer so they can troubleshoot with you on the phone.

Curt_Hinson

Thanks for the reply, Gary. I finally found the valve this AM after completely emptying the lazy susan area. The handle of the valve was actually hidden behind the water discharge line which was routed with the water line completely around the back of the lazy susan area. I had to empty the lazy susan and almost crawl into that area to reach the valve. I finally got it turned on and everything worked as it should. Too many things in this camper does not follow "COMMON SENSE" thinking.

Thanks again - Curt