Buying an Elkridge 37 ultimate, need advice

My husband and I have been looking at buying a new fifth wheel that will suit our family and we have finally decided on the 2014 Elkridge 37 ultimate. Now the debate is to buy now or wait until spring. The dealer says the MSRP is $xxxxxxx, and is asking $xxxxxxx. Not sure if we should be able to get him lower or if this is a pretty good deal. Also not sure if we will be able to get as good of deal in the summer. Another thing is if there will be any changes to the fifth wheels that will be coming out in spring. Would love to see a factory build sheet on the Elkridge 37 ultimate. If anyone has any advice or can help, please do and thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi jjgsbellamy,

I'm sure you will get more opinions soon from our other members.

We do not post prices or discuss prices on the forum. Everybody always got it cheaper some place else. Normally around 20 to 25% off MSRP is considered good by most folks. And wait till spring?? You might buy the same unit still setting on the dealers lot and now he has got more floor planning expenses involved and your getting a trailer that is already 6 months to a year old. That is unless you special order a unit. Buy now and you still have time to use it before winter sets in.

Jim M

priorguy

If the trailer is still there in the spring and a new one is beside it, it will always go down a bit when they want to unload it. If it's a really nice unit and well priced though, somebody might snap it up. The best you can do is shop online to see what other places sell it for and maybe your dealer will come a bit closer to make the sale. Or they might already have the best price you can find. Or do what I did when my dealer wouldn't go lower on price, I added almost a $1000 worth of accessories from the floor that I wanted to buy anyway. Chairs, carpets, tow mirrors, leveling blocks, etc. can add up really quick at retail price but not much cost for them to toss it into the deal to make the sale. Think of everything you will need to bring camping with you. Best of luck to you.

Sorry about the price, I can see how that might be an issue. The dealer has taken about 20% of their MSRP, which I figured was pretty good. Thought about trying for 25% and getting some extras too. The next thing is to trade in our 2007 Prowler or try and sell it private, with our trade it would be 38% off MSRP. Could possibly get more for our 2007 if we sold it private, but then we have to wait for a buyer and hope for more. Thanks everyone.

We sold our fifth wheel in the fall and now are back on the hunt for a new fifth wheel. Still looking at the Elkridge 37 Ultimate, might have to order one in though. There are three dealers close by that carry The Elkridge Ultimate, one we will not deal with as we bought our first fifth wheel from them and their costumer service did not exist. The other two dealers did not get any new ones in.
Any advice on ordering one in, what options to or not to get, any dos or don't s? Also does anyone know how long it takes to get a unit after ordering?
Thanks