State by State

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Jim Or John , was wondering if you could start a State by State section in the camping area. I know most other forums have a state listing for entering sites of intersests and campground visited. It is very nice to go to the state listing to try and find info on a place to stay or check site seeing info, instead of going through each post.

Whats everyone else think? ......Ken

katkens

Oldlthrnecksgirl said:
I think that is a great idea! And thanks for the buttermilk pie recipe too :D,,, Elizabeth

The recipe getting was like pulling teeth , my mom is one of those bakers that never measures anything. I consider myself a good cook ,but I'm no dessert guy..... :D Ken

jbeletti

Good morning all,

What I am hearing is a request for the Camping forum to have a sub-forums by state/province. One for each. Is that right?

Sounds fine by me. A lot of work but if it would make the forum more useful/organized, I am willing to do it.

Once completed, I could move existing threads/post about specific CGs into their respective state sub-forum. Am I on the right track here from what you guys are thinking?

Thanks,

Jim

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
That would be great for us Jim!! As an example, I had booked a park a month in advance, paid the deposit and the night we pulled in there we paid for a month Then realized it did not have the amenities that we needed even though I had asked a lot of questions prior to booking. Example: do you have cable? "yes we have cable" which, they didn't, they had satellite. The pictures on their website did not show how tightly packed in the units were either. The next day was spent driving around looking at RV parks finding one that suits our needs. We like this one much better but one of the first things Himself asked was "do you have cable", they said "yes we have cable", they don't, they have satellite as well. They do have a pool and palm trees though, lol and the spaces are bigger. After our month is through here we are looking to move to Kemah.

If there is anything that I can do to help, let me know, I have quite a bit of free time.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
katkens said:
The recipe getting was like pulling teeth , my mom is one of those bakers that never measures anything. I consider myself a good cook ,but I'm no dessert guy..... :D Ken

I cook like your Mum so I appreciate both of your efforts!!:eek:

katkens

Jim Beletti said:
Good morning all,

What I am hearing is a request for the Camping forum to have a sub-forums by state/province. One for each. Is that right?

Sounds fine by me. A lot of work but if it would make the forum more useful/organized, I am willing to do it.

Once completed, I could move existing threads/post about specific CGs into their respective state sub-forum. Am I on the right track here from what you guys are thinking?

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks Jim, I know everyone will like it once they see how useful it can be. It will be up to all of us to post in there favorite places to stay ,area site seeing , attractions, etc. and ask travel questions for trips in the various states......Ken

campntn

Sounds like a great idea.
There might be some differences of opinion on some parks.
Would this be a sort of "review" for each park/campground? Or simply a listing of what's available in each state?
It would be great to include things IN and AROUND the area to do. For example, hiking trails, shopping, dining, sports complexes, festivals/cultural events and approximate dates, churches, places to find bargains, antique shopping, places to take your children/grandchildren; local treasures that might be off the tourist-beaten path.
Mark

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Places to stop

I am currently staying at Columbus RV Park in Columbus, TX. I learned today that any active duty military that are near here or passing through can get one free night w/full hookups. The campground is good, nothing special, but the price is right. The people here are super.

Redcoat1

New Brunswick Canada Campground

We live at Century Farm Family Campground during the summer so we are kinda prejudiced. It is right on the beach of the Bay of Fundy which has the highest tides in the world located in the village of St. Martins, New Brunswick, Canada. It is well run and there is lots to do in the area, music jam sessions onsite most weekends. They have an online site so have a look and make this a place to visit when you are in the Maritimes. If you do visit look us up at site # 98.

www.centuryfarmcampground.com