jbeletti's 2014 Landmark Savannah

jbeletti

I have on order, a 2014 Landmark Savannah. This is the latest Landmark floor plan. The unit was built earlier this week and heads out to paint hopefully by the end of this week. I plan to take delivery at the end of next week (on 23-August).

I'll use this thread to add pictures and modifications for the duration I have this unit (planned for 2 years).

This is a pretty special coach with a few features that will be released later this year. I will be at the following Heartland Owners Club Chaper Rallies yet this year if you want to see it:
- Georgia
- Tennessee
- Pennsylvania
- Iowa
- Illinois
- North Carolina

SAVANNAH FLOOR PLAN
2014_Landmark_Savannah.jpg

DECOR ORDERED
Landmark_Laguna_Decor.jpg

STANDARD OPTIONS ORDERED

• Bordeau Wood
  • Laguna Interior Decor
  • Mor Ryde Hitch
  • Slide Awning Package (TRIPLE SLIDES)
  • Generator Prep - HR Meter, Start Switch, Galv. Box
  • 5.5 KW LP Generator (REQ GEN PREP)
  • Full Body Paint: CHOCOLATE
  • 6 Point Hydraulic Automatic Leveling System
  • Back Up Camera w/Wireless Monitor
  • Outdoor Ent. Pkg. - Exterior 32" TV w/ DVD Player & Sound System, 11' Power Awning on Slide Room
  • Full Timers Pkg - Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Surge Protector and Bike Rack Receiver Hitch (Gen Prep Required)
  • Portable 12 Volt Freezer / Cooler
  • Correct Track Alighment System - Forced Opt
  • 22 cu ft Residential Refer w/Stainless Steel Appliances
  • Extra Chairs (2 ea) for Computer Center
  • 32" TV in Bedroom
  • Theater Seating IPO Recliners
  • Stackable Washer / Dryer
  • Programable Combination Safe
  • MCD Roller Shades IPO Std Shades
  • Electric Fireplace
  • Dual Pane Windows
  • Yeti Extreme Cold Weather Package
  • Quite Whisper Dual A/C System - Forced Opt
  • RVIA Seal
  • LANDMARK INTERIOR PACKAGE
    Solid Surface Countertops & Sink Covers, Ceiling Fan w/Light Kit, Ball Bearing Drawer Guides, Stackable Washer/Dryer Closet w/Prep, Pull Out Sprayer Faucet & Stainless Steel Flush Mount Sink in Kitchen, Hide-A-Bed w/Air Mattress, Memory Foam Pillow Top King Mattress, Dlx Bedspread & Pillow Package, 40” LCD TV (46" on select models), 8 cu ft Dometic Refer, Independent Slide Switches, Dyson Cordless Vacuum, “Welcome Back” Light, Hand Rubbed Hardwood Bordeaux Cabinets / Styles / Fascia, Storage Drawer in Steps, “Beauflor” Flooring, 1 Piece Fiberglass Shower, Pre-wired for Winegard Trav'ler Satellite System, LED Recessed Lighting
  • LANDMARK EXTERIOR PACKAGE
    Universal Docking Center, Aquajet-ARV 5.3GPM Variable Speed Smart Pump, 3 Way Water Pump Switch in UDC, High-Gloss Fiberglass Exterior, Dual Satellite Prep, Dual Battery Hookup, Aluminum Wheels, Battery Disconnect, Electric Rear Stab Jacks, Dual 40lb LP Bottles, Hydraulic Front Landing Gear, Frameless Windows, 7000 lb Dexter Axles w/EZ Flex Rubber Dampening Suspension & 4 Shocks, Goodyear G Rated Tires, Electric Power Cord Reel, Aluminum Framed Laminated Floor & Roof, Radius Slam Baggage Doors, Wireless Remote System w/Touch Screen Remote
SPECIAL OPTIONS
  • Dexter Disc Brakes
  • 17.5" Wheels and Goodyear G114 Load Range H Tires
  • Heat Pump in main AC unit
  • Fantastic Fan in Commode Room
  • Winegard DirecTV Slimline SK-SWM3 Roof Mounted Satellite Dish
  • Supreme Mattress (Mobile Outfitters)
  • Mor/ryde Sliding Cargo Tray (being transferred from previous demo coach)

Last edited:

jmab

Jim, We could not agree more....amazing floor plan. All the best features of Heartlands already incredible Landmark floor plans, rolled into one extremely functional living space! My wife is in love with the "Costco Closet" and a pantry to boot. Thank you for setting up this thread to track the evolution of what should be a very successful road show and product.

jnbhobe

Well I'll get to see it in Illinois and Iowa ( if I get reservations ) Not looking like I'll make it to Pa.

mobilcastle

Nice plan. I like the recliners across from the TV-I think most people do from what I have read on other forums IMHO.

iawoody2

I have on order, a 2014 Landmark Savannah. This is the latest Landmark floor plan. The unit was built earlier this week and heads out to paint hopefully by the end of this week. I plan to take delivery at the end of next week (on 23-August).

I'll use this thread to add pictures and modifications for the duration I have this unit (planned for 2 years).

This is a pretty special coach with a few features that will be released later this year. I will be at the following Heartland Owners Club Chaper Rallies yet this year if you want to see it:
- Georgia
- Tennessee
- Pennsylvania
- Iowa
- Illinois
- North Carolina

Jim, looking forward to seeing it in Iowa.

jbeletti

Water Filtration System Installation

I'll be installing a 2-stage water filtration system behind the utility wall near the back of the UDC and water pump when I get the Savannah home. I've already purchased all the materials. Here's the plan:

• Remove city water output from the back of the Anderson 4-way valve and route to filtration system
  • Tap output of filtration system for ice maker
Here's is some detail of the filtration system components and the order they will be installed:

• A pressure gauge will be installed inline right after the city water output with a tee
  • Through side of tee for pressure gauge will feed into a ball-valve
  • Two water filter canisters will be ganged together and will connect at output of ball-valve
  • A tee will be at the output of the second stage filter. The tap of the tee will feed an angle stope to 1/4" compression connector for ice maker line
  • The through side of tee will feed an inline check-valve and the output of the check-valve will feed the coach supply line
I'm not sure that I actually need the ball-valve at the front-end. I can always turn the water off at the UDC before I work on the system, so maybe I won't put that in. Anyone have any experience there? Larry B?

I may add a small clear plexiglass window to the utility wall to use as a sight glass to see the gauge. Maybe even add a light back there that comes on when the storage bay lights are switched on.

Some may suggest that I should add a regulator at ahead of the gauge to finish this system off. I have to admit that running 2 stages of filtration, I rarely use a regulator. I use one when the CG warns me their pressure if 100 PSI or greater or when I connect my hose to the CG hydrant, turn it on to flush the hose and find the pressure to be significant. This said, I still may run down to Lowes to look for one.

The reason I am not feeding the ice maker from a tap and shut-off under the kitchen sink is that I never want to feed the ice maker water from the fresh water tank. We only use tank water on travel days to wash hands and flush the toilet. As such, I'm not diligent about sanitizing the tank, so I never want to take a change ingesting my tank water. This is why I am tapping it after the filter and before a check valve. When I am NOT connected to shore water and I am using the fresh water tank and water pump, the plumbing system will be pressurized. In my system, that water will not push back into my filters and ice maker line. At least in my head, that's how it will work.

I will add pictures to this thread of the installation and will fine-tune the bullet points and comments to match the as-built system.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Re: Water Filtration System Installation

Dan and I are still in Elkhart and went over to the factory and had a sneak peak. It is a beauty, but we are partial to our new Key Largo. Heartland sure has many stunning appointments they put in their units.

Theresau

Really like overall except for sink in bedroom. What was reasoning behind having two sinks. I don't normally like having the center aisle bathroom but this design closes up well so that it provides a really nice dressing area. Also like where the WD is.

Jim, We could not agree more....amazing floor plan. All the best features of Heartlands already incredible Landmark floor plans, rolled into one extremely functional living space! My wife is in love with the "Costco Closet" and a pantry to boot. Thank you for setting up this thread to track the evolution of what should be a very successful road show and product.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Really like overall except for sink in bedroom. What was reasoning behind having two sinks. I don't normally like having the center aisle bathroom but this design closes up well so that it provides a really nice dressing area. Also like where the WD is.

This is so the missis can get "prettied up" while someone else may be showering or using the toilet. And more places for women's stuff!!! At least that was my thought. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Jim,
While you are installing your 2-stage water filtration system make sure to go ahead and replace the plastic check valve in the water heater with a brass one.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Jim,
While you are installing your 2-stage water filtration system make sure to go ahead and replace the plastic check valve in the water heater with a brass one.

LOL...we gave the tech who did our PDI a brass valve and he installed it...ain't going thru that again...

jbeletti

I once had a Landmark SanAntonio. It had a similar bathroom arrangement. I used the sink in the commode room and Nancy had sole custody of the sink in the bedroom. She really liked all the roominess of it and having it to herself.

The sink in the commode room is very small. Intended for washing hands. But I was able to shave with it just fine too.

When I reviewed this floor plan many months ago, it did not have the sink in the commode room. I suggested we try to fit one in there. Not saying it was all me - but we have one.

This arrangement works very well for us. While most people prefer the all-in-one bathrooms, we find them smallish. For us anyway.

DWH

Jim, I believe the disc brake option is offered now. I am in the process of ordering a Savannah now and disc brakes are listed as an option. I will ask you questions about yours as we appear interested in many of the same options. Will you be at the Hershey RV show? Would love to see yours. Thank you. Doug Hoeffner

jbeletti

Jim, I believe the disc brake option is offered now. I am in the process of ordering a Savannah now and disc brakes are listed as an option. I will ask you questions about yours as we appear interested in many of the same options. Will you be at the Hershey RV show? Would love to see yours. Thank you. Doug Hoeffner

Doug,

While disc brakes are on the order sheet, it's a bit premature as the plant is still working out some of the details. That said, I an not an authority on whether you can or cannot order it today. My sense is no but your Regional Sales Rep will know.

I will be at the Hershey show and my coach will be at the PA rally location in Pine Grove. We plan to have a Savannah on display at the show.