Is this Normal?

Greengas

Well, as I do my shake down of my new Landmark I keep coming upon "interesting" situations that I'm not sure are problems. Please take a look at these photos. They are of my slide rooms fully retracted. What I see is uneven. They are tight against the coach in the middle and near the top but at the bottom they are much further away. The rubber seal seems to be ok so I'm just wondering, Is this Normal?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

slide issue 1.jpeg

slide issue 2.jpeg

slide issue 4.jpeg

slide issue 5.jpeg

slide issue 6.jpeg

slide issue 7.jpeg

You may have to click on the photo and enlarge it to get a good view of what my concern is.

1231ChaseB

I don't know if it's normal or not but it look's just like the slide out's on my Cyclone ! I alway's thought Heartland could have done better but it is what it is !
chaseb

danemayer

Hi Ronn,

Pics 2 and 3 look like there might be 1/8" offset at the bottom - hard to tell from the pics. It might be possible to adjust the slides to square it up a little better. BUT....

Having read many posts about slide outs, my priorities would be:

1. Water tight
  2. Sheds water when out
  3. Smooth operation
  4. No wear on underside
  5. No wicking of water to side walls or flooring
  6. No marks on carpet or flooring
  7. Perfectly square alignment when closed.

If you find a tech you can trust to know what he's doing on the slide adjustments, maybe go for a minor adjustment. But my point is you don't want to fix a minor problem and create a major one.

jjriker

It seems to look the same way that our slides do when they are in. We did have one slide that needed to be adjusted but we noticed it when the slide was out. When we ran our fingers along the seal area inside on the offdoor slide, it was tight at the bottom and had an inch size gap at the top.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dan's comments are right on the mark. I had similar concerns and had the Heartland techs at the rally look at them. As long as we had no leakage with slides extended or retracted, all is good.
That said, with your slides extended, go inside the coach and make sure the slide is fully extended and the seals are contacting the rear of the fascia and consistent around the sides and top.

davebennington

They look about the same as ours. It looks like you have slide toppers, if so Heartland service department told me the the top will pull in slightly more than the bottom.

dave

Lynn1130

As long as they seal it is probably normal HOWEVER, check the tracking to be sure it is not dragging on the carpet or floor as it goes in and out. Alignment has been a problem on some, mine included and it began to tear the carpet. They had to remove and realign the slide.

pegmikef

They look about the same as ours. It looks like you have slide toppers, if so Heartland service department told me the the top will pull in slightly more than the bottom.

dave

Thanks Dave. I wondered about that very thing (but not enough to call them) Mike

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine are the same and I also have toppers. To ease my mind (back when), I found I could not stuff my fingers in the widest gap. That tells me the seals are good and it won't (and hasn't) leaked in the 5 years we've had it.