Easy entry mod.

Rgill

O first big mod to our new to us Edge M21 are double steps. They don't have the flimsy feel of the single step and sure make it easier for us.
Ray

Attachments

• Edge steps.jpg.jpg
    Edge steps.jpg.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 169

Garypowell

It is amazing what an extra step can do. I recently went from 3 to 4 steps and it is soooo much easier to get into the rig. It only took $300 and 1 hour.

Rgill

What brand are these? I tried the same thing with a set from Camper's World and they did not fit(too narrow).

Indeed, the ones I used are Strongberg Carlson. The outside length is 25 5/8". They must be modified slightly to work properly. A nut is placed between the outrigers and steps on each end. The steps were first lifted lifted up against the bottom of the floor and the bottom of the I beam marked where I cut a slot for the bottom of the I beam to fit into. Then I cut off 1/2" of the hump in each end of the step support hump where the support rod would come up over the hump and not bind. Next I jacked the steps up and slipped the slot onto the bottom of the I beam and used jacks to hold the steps tight to the floor and I beam and drilled holes for 4 bolts, grade 8 by 3/8" x 24 TPI. I should have taken pictures, it turned out to be a great mod.
Ray