Big Country, How to remove flatscreen TOSHIBA, 2013

blacklabbob

Have a BC 3650 RL, 2013, with a TOSHIBA flatscreen in the living area. Anyone know how to remove it from its mount? I can slide it to the right, but cannot get it off. I want to check cables as it won't work on "cable", just antenna. It also will not play DVD's in color. Black & white only. Miss my VICTROLA terribly. Was easier to operate.

danemayer

Hi blacklabbob,

There's a bracket mounted to the wall and a mating bracket mounted to the TV. The TV bracket hangs on a rail that's part of the wall bracket. The rail is located in the upper half. The bottom half of the TV bracket is "locked" against the wall bracket by a setscrew. Sometimes you can pivot the TV from the bottom by applying a little pressure to flex the bracket past the setscrew. Worst case, you might have to loosen the setscrew. The attached picture is probably not quite what you have, but should illustrate the concept.

The issue where it works on antenna but not on cable is most likely not the connections, since the same coax supports both functions. When on antenna, the signal booster needs to be ON. For cable it has to be OFF. The signal booster is often located in the bedroom, sometimes near the TV, sometimes in the closet. There's a little red push button and a red light that indicates that it's ON.

It also could be that you need to go to the TV menu and change from AIR to CABLE and do a channel search.

The color issue could be how cables are connected, but also could be the menu setup on the Toshiba. I think Toshiba has a ColorStream mode that's used with component video connections. You probably have AVI connections (Red/White/Yellow). If set to ColorStream mode when using AVI connections, you may get black and white.

Let us know what you find.

Attachments

• TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg
    TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 73

dbbls59

I had to remove the wood trim piece along the top of the TV. There are 3 or 4 screws holding it on. The TV will then lift up and unhook from the mount.

Tombstonejim

Mine works as above remove the wood trim at the top and the tv will lift right off. the screws are not Phillips but small square so if you don't have a complete set of drivers you may have to go buy them

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Ditto to Dan's post on cable vs. antenna. I can give you a definite answer on the B&W....The ColorStream mode is definitely on, go to menu and change to video and you will not miss the Victrola!

In regards to removing LR TV.....no idea, trust the other posters.......the 2014 3650 TV lifts up to reveal storage behind wall....a nice surprise when we picked up the new BC!

blacklabbob

Thanks for all the help. Fixed color with setting to video input. Did not know the booster should be "off" for cable. Thanks to y'all.

wg5jim

Ditto to Dan's post on cable vs. antenna. I can give you a definite answer on the B&W....The ColorStream mode is definitely on, go to menu and change to video and you will not miss the Victrola!

In regards to removing LR TV.....no idea, trust the other posters.......the 2014 3650 TV lifts up to reveal storage behind wall....a nice surprise when we picked up the new BC!

The 3650 is one of the models I'm looking at. Are they putting BluRay DVD players in the new models? It would be nice not to need another piece of TV equipment.