ATF: North Country - 3 water Problems - Are they connected somehow

niborlea

One - I have a sewer smell coming from my bathroom sink.
Two - I have water collecting under corrugated panel in front of camper.
Three - I have water damage to the font cargo space on each side by cargo doors.

I know the smell could be a faulty anti siphone trap vent. But, dont know if there is one. It might be inside wall. Yeah!!!

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

RuralPastor

Your water intrusion in the front cargo space may be from inadequate seals around the doors. I used 3/16 or 1/4" oxygen hose and cut it to fit in behind the weatherstripping on the top and two sides. All this does is to raise the profile of the weatherstripping so it makes good contact with the door. I also caulked the screws on the bottom of the trim ring. It has completely cured the water problem for 2 1/2 years now. Not a drop gets in. The hose is just shoved up underneath the weatherstripping and doesn't attach with anything. It can't be seen and still allows normal operation of the door.

priorguy

The smell could be from you roof vent. If I leave mine open it brings in smells from the plumbing roof vent right beside the fantastic fan vent. If I leave it closed there's no smell. I thought it was the sink or shower too until I read some posts here on the forum.

niborlea

Because I'm new to this, Do you mean to open the cargo doors and put the tubing in the inside of the doors? If so there is a stripping there now. Put it behind it? Is that what you are referring to?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As I read it, it sounds like RuralPastor is putting the small tubing either inside the hollow weather strip or behind it.
That makes sense as it would raise the weather strip and get the sealing surface closer to the door.
Good idea.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Its the w/strip on the body.....not on the door. I have done this for years on automobiles. Small vacumn hose works well also.