Thread: Why men shouldn't write advice columns..

1. Print this Post   #1

Why men shouldn't write advice columns..

K, let me be the first to submit a joke.

Dear Walter:

I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our house with a neighbor lady. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years. When I confronted him, he tried to make out that he went into the back yard and heard a lady scream, had come to her rescue but found her unconscious. He'd carried the woman back to our house and began CPR. When she awoke she immediately began thanking him and he was attempting to break free when I came back. After telling him that I didn't buy his story he broke down and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I told him that this sort of thing had better stop or I would leave him. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant and I don't feel that I can get through to him anymore. Can you please help?

Sincerely, Sheila

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber. I hope this helps.

Walter
    Mark and family...campnTENNESSEE
    2004 CHEVY Silverado 2500HD 4WD
    2009 Heartland North Trail 28BHS

2. Print this Post   #2

I dont get it, those were good suggestions. JK

Very Funny
    04 Dodge 2500HD Cummins
    06 Bighorn 3655RD
    http://community.webshots.com/user/2006Bighorn

3. Print this Post   #3
    Founders of SoCal Chapter Bob&Patty's Avatar

Sounds reasonable to me. Maybe just out of gas, thats why they put gas gauges in cars. I know the only time I get to drive the DW's car is when its out of gas. Bob
    Bob (Old cranky), Great wife Patty, 5 great kids, 11 grandkids

Callie the wonder dog (we are still wondering) and 1 crazy cat "Baby" (RIP at 18 years old). Callie misses her Kitty.

2013 GMC 3500 HD DRW C/C L/B with all the goodies (the grey ghost). AirLift 5000 with auto leveling. 34 gal custom auxillary in bed tank. Spray in bed liner and rubber mat. 16K Husky hitch.

07 2955RL BIG HORN #5103

58 Belair 2dr hardtop, low and slow custom.

HEARTLAND CLUB MEMBER # 1056

4. Print this Post   #4

Re: Why men shouldn't write advice columns..

Just wanted you to know someone laughed at your joke 13 years later. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by campntn View Post
    K, let me be the first to submit a joke.

Dear Walter:

I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our house with a neighbor lady. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years. When I confronted him, he tried to make out that he went into the back yard and heard a lady scream, had come to her rescue but found her unconscious. He'd carried the woman back to our house and began CPR. When she awoke she immediately began thanking him and he was attempting to break free when I came back. After telling him that I didn't buy his story he broke down and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I told him that this sort of thing had better stop or I would leave him. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant and I don't feel that I can get through to him anymore. Can you please help?

Sincerely, Sheila

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber. I hope this helps.

Walter

5. Print this Post   #5

I was excited to see a joke in the forum as I canít remember how long it has been since Iíve seen much more than technical questions or problems here.....then seen it was from 13yrs ago. guess the jokes on me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith & Kim
    Celina, OH

Go Vols!!

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duramax SRW
    2018 Big Horn 3575 EL

6. Print this Post   #6

Quote Originally Posted by Kbvols View Post
    I was excited to see a joke in the forum as I canít remember how long it has been since Iíve seen much more than technical questions or problems here.....then seen it was from 13yrs ago. guess the jokes on me

Who needs to see a joke here when youíre a Texas Aggie fan. Did you here the one about.....
    Eddie and Jomaye
    HOC #7088

2015 Heartland Cyclone 4100 HD
    -4 U Cam observation camera
    -Dish Tailgater Pro
    -On The Go Double Standard softener
    -Splendide washer/dryer combo
    -TireMinder bluetooth TPMS
    -RV Smart 50 amp surge protector

2019 Ford F-350 DRW FX4 Lariat
    -Ultimate Lariat package
    -4:10 LS gears
    -2Ē front lift/Bilstein shocks
    -Air Lift 5000 Ultimate air bags
    -Air Lift Gen 2 Bluetooth wireless compressor
    -20k Reese fifth wheel and rail adapter
    -35Ē TOYO Open Country M/T tires on stock 17Ē rims
    -RDS 60 gal tool box combo w/gauge
    -RV Toll Pass

7. Print this Post   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Kbvols View Post

Well here ya go:

Why is the RV so obedient? Because it goes where itís towed to!

8. Print this Post   #8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith & Kim
    Celina, OH

Go Vols!!

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duramax SRW
    2018 Big Horn 3575 EL