Delete kit for 07 and later

Gas20

I was just told by a pretty reliable source that our fabulous government has made the companies that were selling the kits ,made them quit selling the kit because everyone was changing their diesel trucks and getting rid of the pollution crap. The gentleman said the only thing you can buy now is a used one. Anyone heard anything about this?:(

Subdrv

Yep had a local truck accessory shop tell me the same thing for my 08 Ford. He even went as far as to say if they installed one they could be fined.

Robbie

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Yep, was told the same thing at the garage. The old tuners and delete kits are getting top dollar.

happyappy

I was just told by a pretty reliable source that our fabulous government has made the companies that were selling the kits ,made them quit selling the kit because everyone was changing their diesel trucks and getting rid of the pollution crap. The gentleman said the only thing you can buy now is a used one. Anyone heard anything about this?:(

It's definitely harder than it used to be; but still possible.

Delete w/o a tuner using SIMS

delete pipe

If you do decide to delete...hang on to the hardware you remove. You may need it if your state begins emission testing and it's very expensive to replace!

Gas20

Bob sorry I was referring to the DPF delete kit. Yea my guy is very honest and reliable. It is just a way for the Gov. to stop the going around of emissions . It wouldn't surprise me if you didn't have to get the trucks inspected before you got your new registration, thanks everyone just wanted to confirm it.

GOTTOYS

Bob sorry I was referring to the DPF delete kit. Yea my guy is very honest and reliable. It is just a way for the Gov. to stop the going around of emissions . It wouldn't surprise me if you didn't have to get the trucks inspected before you got your new registration, thanks everyone just wanted to confirm it.
Wouldn't surprise me if they start emissions testing everywhere either. All that stuff is on there for a reason..If we want to keep breathing reasonable safe air it should stay there...JMHO...Don

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Don't have a problem with the DPF being on our truck either. However, if they are going to require these things then the manufacturers need to make sure they fix all the issues with coding that throws you into limp mode...not fun!!!

brianharrison

Good time to come visit Canada; we are still legal here......

I have seen my tuner vendor change their offerings to "International" and "US". Fortunately I am considered "international".

Brian

denverkas

Ok, I apologize but what is the DPF and Urea? I have a 2011 Ford F450 Diesel. What does this do to or for my truck and why is it the opinion of some that it needs to be deleted? I am still learning all of this diesel stuff.

Lynn1130

One of the many reasons that I am keeping my 04. In addition, removing any emission equipment would cause an emission test fail in Maricopa or Pima Counties.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Ok, I apologize but what is the DPF and Urea? I have a 2011 Ford F450 Diesel. What does this do to or for my truck and why is it the opinion of some that it needs to be deleted? I am still learning all of this diesel stuff.

DPF= Diesel Particulate Filter, part of the exhaust and emissions system. You should have it on your truck. In 2011 FORD and others added a UREA injection system to further help burn off any emissions. Pretty sure you have that also. Do you have the BLUE filler cap next to your Diesel fill cap? The blue cap is where you fill the UREA tank. Your truck will tell you when a refill is needed. If not filled within a certain time frame, the truck will start running in LIMP mode.

Subdrv

Denverkas

The DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) is a device designed to remove diesel particulate matter or soot from the exhaust gas of a diesel engine. This is what is clean when the system goes into regin/clean exhaust system.

UREA/DEF is a urea-based chemical reactant designed specifically for use in SCR systems to reduce NOx emissions. Added to the blue cap tank.

There are some report that on the 2008 6.4 F450 which gets 11-12 MPG when you delete the DPF and add a tuner you can get up to 20-21 MPG. All the sights I look at now have a warning that this is for off road applications only and it is illegal for road use. Some even make you sign a waiver to purchase the system. Depending on the state you are in if you have to pass an emission this the system will fail. If your truck is still under warranty the addition of a tuner and DPF will probably void the warranty.

Robbie

Last edited by a moderator:

Rrloren

{All that stuff is on there for a reason..If we want to keep breathing reasonable safe air it should stay there...JMHO...Don }
Don't mean to sound like anti-environment [I do have solar panels on the house] but I fail to find the benefit in these systems. They are VERY expensive , they cause several mpg reduction in fuel mileage thus causing the use of more oil and more cost ,and periodically ,like about once every 2 months for me I get a warning that the DPF is 80% full and will soon require Dealer attention and go into limp mode. At that point I have to find a lonely road to run steady for 15-20 mins. to allow a regen burnoff of built up soot. What a pain. I think unless the systems are cost effective they should have waited till the technology was better developed.
The systems and tuners have always stated they were only for off road vehicles. I know if mine goes bad before I'll spend thousands to replace it ,it will be removed.

porthole

Retired
Denverkas

The DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) is a device designed to remove diesel particulate matter or soot from the exhaust gas of a diesel engine. This is what is clean when the system goes into regin/clean exhaust system.

UREA/DEF is a urea-based chemical reactant designed specifically for use in SCR systems to reduce NOx emissions. Added to the blue cap tank.

There are some report that on the 2008 6.4 F450 which gets 11-12 MPG when you delete the DPF and add a tuner you can get up to 20-21 MPG. All the sights I look at now have a warning that this is for off road applications only and it is illegal for road use. Some even make you sign a waiver to purchase the system. Depending on the state you are in if you have to pass an emission this the system will fail. If your truck is still under warranty the addition of a tuner and DPF will probably void the warranty.

Robbie

I don't see how it is remotely possible for a 10000 pound truck with an axle ratio of 4.30 with a drag coefficient of a refrigerator box could ever get 20+ MPG