EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: VA, Williamsburg - 11/8/2013 to 11/10/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vtxkid

Eric, I noticed my site number wasn't listed on the attendees list... We are at site 48, coming in Friday 11/08 at noon time and leaving Monday 11/11. Looking forward to seeing everybody!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Eric, I noticed my site number wasn't listed on the attendees list... We are at site 48, coming in Friday 11/08 at noon time and leaving Monday 11/11. Looking forward to seeing everybody!

To quote Tom Burdette, "We'll leave the lights on for ya".

JJnVA

We r in sunny Kissimmee Florida right now. Tentative plans to be home in Norge on Nov. 8 and to drive our car the long two miles over to spend some time with our Heartland friends on Sat. 8th. We can bring firewood for sure. Will confirm u need it before we come and also find out the dinner plans. Look forward to seeing old and new friends.

dick12444

Dick and Debbie Hazel are arriving on Fri afternoon, unfortunately we need to depart on Sun morning. Tentatively on Site 27. See you in Williamsburg.

CampDuval

We are arriving on Friday afternoon...This is our 2nd rally with VA Heartland folks...had a great time and plan to have fun with our 2 girls and all of you too

CampDuval

We will be there at Friday about 3pm.....this is our second rally with VA Heartlanders. We will have fun with our two daughters and with all of you too...

jbeletti

Nancy and I can't make this camp-out but we do plan to be in Williamsburg this week as follows:

• Monday - travel day
  • Tuesday - day trip to Urbanna to meet with Bethpage to doing some advance work on the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally
  • Wednesday - Spend time downtown Williamsburg - maybe lunch or dinner at a Tavern

We're in site 49. We'll be pulling out Thursday morning. We hope to meet up with some early arriving attendees there!

Last edited:

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Getting close to our camp-out with some arriving early so they can clean and sweep off the sites, and then grade our parking and set-up skills. :eek:

If you haven't checked this post lately, I have placed a proposed activities guide in Post #1. One new addition I have is that Pam and Jerry Tims are hosting a wine and cheese social at their campsite (#48) on Saturday at 3:00pm. Pam asks that you bring your social drink and a light snack (chairs may also add to your comfort), and Jerry will provide the music for your listening pleasure.

Plan on a breakfast Saturday morning. I will do waffles. What can you contribute? Also be thinking about plans for Saturday evening dinner, potluck, ... eat out ...just sit together ... ?? Then weather permitting (and a supply of wood) we will ask our "fire master" John to give us a nice campfire. Bring wood if you have any.

All travel safe and we will see you soon.:cool:

dalspot

Wish we were joining you all, but we are heading to Williamsburg for Thanksgiving this year. It's a yearly holiday trip we haven't made in a while, really looking forward to it.

Karen

funlabs

I'll bring a couple pounds of bacon and a griddle for breakfast as well as some maple syrup for the waffles. Yum! Waffles!!!!!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The campground has apparently let one camper that was already here stay an extra night on a site one of our folks was supposed to be on :mad:, and they are moving a few others around also :(. So, you may find yourself on a different site when you get here:confused:.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The campground has apparently let one camper that was already here stay an extra night on a site one of our folks was supposed to be on :mad:, and they are moving a few others around also :(. So, you may find yourself on a different site when you get here:confused:.

Seems to me like the campground is doing you a disservice but it is their campground.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I had a long phone discussion with the campground manager yesterday. Seems all is not well, and she now claims that nobody should have been given a site number when making their reservation. She claims that they (campground staff) has authority/ability to place people as they need to. Perfect example as Gus mentioned above, an existing camper decides to extend their stay, even though a new camper is coming in. The new camper is given a different site. :confused:

I am not sure I agree with the campground's procedures. The manager said several times that she and her staff do not assign a site when making reservation. Yet she could not/would not answer my question as to how most of us were given a site number. To make things worse, I made the arrangements for the camp-out and my own reservations back in August, yet talking with the manager yesterday, I found out that I was not even included in the group!:rolleyes:

I know that we have had quite a few Heartland rallies and camp-outs at American Heritage, but I seriously question if I would make any more in the future. We have brought a lot of business to this campground, and their lack of willingness to satisfy, even the level of impatience displayed by the manager yesterday, needs a lot of improvement.

Enough ranting, let us just have fun together this weekend and enjoy each others company. We should be pulling in by lunchtime on Thursday.

Vtxkid

Funny how most of us were able to get a site number during our reservations! I for one had no problem getting it! Thought that section was reserved for the Heartland folks which makes me wonder why they would let someone add to their reservation knowing we are coming in...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Betcha if the Campground Owner knew what the Manager was pulling there would be a serious discussion as Rallies bring the campground and local area valuable dollars. There are too many Campgrounds that will bend over backwards to accommodate rallies. You might remind the Manager that they are not the only campground in Virginia. Good Luck and happy rally.

jbeletti

We had a great "short stay" here in Williamsburg this week.

Yesterday (Tuesday), I ran up to Urbanna to meet with Bethpage to work on more detail for our 2014 rally there. Last night, Nancy and I, Gus/Deb and John/Deb went to Captain George's Seafood Restaurant. Wow! Later, I joined John and Deb over at Gus and Deb's and we chatted shop for a while. Fun time!

Today was our "final day" here :( Nancy and Deb went shopping this morning while Gus and I worked in our respective mobile offices :) Today for lunch, Nancy and I, Gus/Deb and Don/Cindy got together for an impromptu lunch at our place. The afternoon weather was great and we ate lunch at our picnic table.

Tonight, since Nancy and I must leave in the morning, we along with John/Deb went into Colonial Williamsburg. We had a nice time strolling around the shops and such. We ended the evening with dinner at Shield's Tavern. Great as always!

Sorry we can't stay for the camp-out but we have to get home in 2-days, rest up a day or two, then head out on another trip to scout a location for the 2016 rally.

Eric - for what it's worth, Sheri took our reservation. I asked for site 49 and was assigned it in advance. I agree that campgrounds need to always have the right to move people around as needed, but sounds like the front office is running a bit rogue. You may want to share these experiences with the owner and ask them to rationalize our business relationship. You and Gus have brought a lot of business to this place. It would be their loss to lose future revenue over bungled reservations.

Wishing all camp-out attendees the best this weekend. Have a great time!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Jim and Nancy we had a great time walking through Colonial Williamsburg last night. Thanks for a good time and a great dinner at Shields Tavern! Thanks also for the meeting, compliments and for listening to our concerns and ideas related to the club. Travel safely home today and we'll see you down the road.

JJnVA

Jim & Nancy,
so sorry that we were not home in Norge to visit with you. We can walk to American Heritage from our house as we are that close by in Norge! Glad to hear y'all had a good visit.

we r heading home today from a great campout at Huntington Beach State Park in SC with fellow HOC member friends, Chris & Dave. Plan to come hang out on Saturday with our Heartland friends at their campout at American Heritage.

Status
Not open for further replies.