Looking for a Travel Trailer

ppieplow

Hello Heartland Owners,

My family and I are interested in purchasing our first travel trailer. I think we have decided on a floor plan, we just need to figure out which brand. Mainly a bunk house slide plan. I am very interested in the Heartland North Trail trailer based on the construction points of these units.

I would like to hear the forums opinion on the North Trail vs. Keystone Outback and the North Trail vs. Prime Time Lacrosse.

Second, If anyone has some towing recommendations for these larger bunk house slide style trailers it would be greatly appreciated. I currently have a Ford F-150 Supercrew. Can I tow these units safely?

Lastly, a reliable dealership is important to me. Does anyone have a dealer they would genuinely recommend for the purchase of Heartland trailers in the Georgia or North Florida area?

danemayer

Hi ppieplow,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll get some feedback about North Trail pretty soon, as well as on your towing and dealership questions.

Apart from product comparisons, something that many of us have come to value is the support that Heartland provides to owners; through direct support, support for the Owners Club, and support for this Forum.

Heartland is well known for great customer service, but also supports a very active owners club with local, regional and national rallies. The Heartland Owners Club provides us with a great social environment where we enjoy the company of like-minded people and eat way too much good food.

And of course the Heartland Owners Forum has thousands of contributors sharing information and helping one another get the most out of their RVs.

Hope to see you in a Heartland RV soon.

priorguy

ppieplow, the tow rating for an F150 Supercrew can vary from very little to over 11,000 pounds depending on setup (mostly engine and axel ratio). You need to verify what your truck is capable of from the factory before trailer shopping. My F150 Supercrew pulls my North Trail 28BRS very nicely when properly hitched and loaded but it was purchased with towing in mind. What you plan to bring with you on regular basis, including any fluids (water, propane, waste water, etc.) will play a factor. Here's the link I used to equip my truck. It might help you find out what your truck is capable of. If an RV dealer tries to tell you "any half ton can tow this 30' trailer" run fast and far. I'm very happy with my North Trail so far, and there were Keystone Outbacks parked beside them at my dealer. This forum was also a selling feature for Heartland.

http://www.ford.ca/resources/ford/g...s/33991_Ford_Port2012_RVTrailerTowing_Ev6.pdf