tandem trailer with a swivel wheel trailer

calawawj

I have a 2013 Sundance 3000CK. I wish to trailer with a swivel wheel trailer attached to the 5th wheel. Has anyone used one of these trailers? If so how is it? The trailer will be used to transport a 4 wheel at about 850lbs.

Thanks,
Bill

danemayer

Hi calawawj,

There may be a few considerations. One is that Lippert, the frame manufacturer, is pretty conservative about adding things to the frame and if you should have a subsequent problem you may find yourself in a struggle to get warranty coverage. Combined vehicle length may be limited in some jurisdictions - I think some states have 65 foot laws. Not sure how a swivel wheel trailer would be regarded with respect to multi-trailer laws.

I'm sure you'll get some other feedback shortly.

priorguy

Keep reading the forum, I've read several posts from members who do this successfully and frequently. This one looks good, lots of pics. Seems to be a popular option if you don't have a toy-hauler. I just did a search and there's easily a dozen closed threads you could read. Best of luck to you.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15907-Goldwing-cart-is-ready-to-roll?highlight=swivel+wheel

porthole

Retired
Hi calawawj,

There may be a few considerations. One is that Lippert, the frame manufacturer, is pretty conservative about adding things to the frame and if you should have a subsequent problem you may find yourself in a struggle to get warranty coverage. Combined vehicle length may be limited in some jurisdictions - I think some states have 65 foot laws. Not sure how a swivel wheel trailer would be regarded with respect to multi-trailer laws.

I'm sure you'll get some other feedback shortly.

Almost comical Dan, since even attaching some suspension components as of late are suspect.